sight shock upgrade options

SaabG

Likes Dirt
Nice. I've bought a frame only and am tossing up between a vip'r or a inline coil for it. After your review I think I'll go the coil. Cheers.

teK--

Eats Squid
Been reading this with interest!

Having owned a DBIL and now a Monarch+ I'd have to say the platform on the Monarch is definitely firmer (even when on full open mode).

The only thing holding me back is the reliability of the DBILCoil I want to see them out in the wild for a bit longer; hopefully the issues that plagued the DBIL are related only to the airspring.

SaabG

Likes Dirt
IMG_4959.jpg

I've pretty much completed my build and I have to say thanks for recommending the inline coil. It seems to work very well on the sight. Ofcourse I have nothing to compare it to but I'm happy with it none the less.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
View attachment 337579

I've pretty much completed my build and I have to say thanks for recommending the inline coil. It seems to work very well on the sight. Ofcourse I have nothing to compare it to but I'm happy with it none the less.
That is one fine looking build!

I've been absolutely thrashing the inline coil on a Norco Range for about 6 months now and can report that it's been 100% awesome with no reliability issues whatsoever. I haven't touched it since I bolted in onto the bike and found some settings I was happy with. I've tried a lot of different shocks over the years and the IL coil is hands down the best. Climb mode works works much better than with the Fox Evol shock I have on my other bike.