Sick of Queensland weather!

bro_94

Cannon Fodder
Hey everyone,
I'm brodie and am new to rotorburn. I've been riding for quite a few years now and have recently decided to join the site. I got an 09 norco team dh for chrissy. However, since I live in Toowoomba the weather hasn't been ideal for riding lately. Also, we copped a decent flood the other day as many of you would know. The new bike spent about 20 min getting battered in waste deep water :( a quick question; what maintanence work do i need to do to get it back up to scratch. Lube, WD40 etc ??
thanks fro the help guys, catcha

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keep away from CRC or WD40. They will strip what remaing grease and lube there is left on your bike.

Chances are the hubs will be full of water. Most bearings will need re packing.
There are plenty of online tutorials to show how to do it..

If you make a mess of it, you can always take it the LBS. You would have had to anyway.

Might be covered under home and contents insurance??

pgs

Squid
yep dnt touch the wd40!

pick sum oil up from ur local bike shop if you can, otherwise i rekon it shuld be sweet nice bike dude!

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Sick of Queenslands weather!
Me too, they are giving Australias Tourism Industry a bad rep'
And down here we are getting THEIR weather as well,
Hot and wet. I think we should exile them from the main land of Australia. We don't want there blasted weather down here In sunny ol Victoria.

OK back on topic,
REPAC EVERYTHING.
It might be a very expensive task, But I suggest repack all the barings and bleed the brakes,
Maybe just do a complete strip down and hand clean every little peice with some TLC(dont use that can stuff, use the home made stuff) But this is ofcorse after you help clean up the town and get the community going again.

bro_94

Cannon Fodder
Thanks for the help guys, il look into repacking the bearings and such, might need a bit of help from the local bike shop as i am in no way a bike mechanic. I've heard WD40 isn't the best to use on bikes. Oh and since Toowoomba is on the top of a mountain no-one really expected a flood, so i dont know if we are covered :S And sorry psycho-t its not our fault, and concidering we are pretty much underwater theres not too much we can do now :p.

snowy92

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone,
I'm brodie and am new to rotorburn. I've been riding for quite a few years now and have recently decided to join the site. I got an 09 norco team dh for chrissy. However, since I live in Toowoomba the weather hasn't been ideal for riding lately. Also, we copped a decent flood the other day as many of you would know. The new bike spent about 20 min getting battered in waste deep water :( a quick question; what maintanence work do i need to do to get it back up to scratch. Lube, WD40 etc ??
thanks fro the help guys, catcha
Hey Brodie, welcome along! :)

I think all us QLD'ers are in the same boat (pun definitely not intended) about the weather. I hope your house is okay.