Should i buy it?

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
04 Trek Bruiser. Will be used as trials bike, just need to change a few things around.
Has anyone used these as a trials bike before?

Im only interested in people opinions about the frame , so it doesn't matter what parst are on it.

5PIDEY

Likes Dirt
the frames are heaps strong, but they are a bit heavy i think, maybe not an ideal trials frame.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
as said, maybe a bit heavy duty and heavy, what kind of size are you looking at?
if you did some smart product choice when building it up you could knock out some weight and make it cool

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeh probably the 14.5'' one. Thats the smallest one. Yeh, theres no problem about putting other parts on it, but i think the geo may be good.

Jebus

Pro Rider
why dont you just buy a proper trials bike, you could probably get a half decent one for the price of the Bruiser

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jebus said:
why dont you just buy a proper trials bike, you could probably get a half decent one for the price of the Bruiser
Because my dad deals Trek at his shop and they have stopped making Rhino's.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Spooky, so long as you really don't want to do MUCH trials work then the Trek will do. But have a look at the difference in the geo between this (yep I know it's a 20" but the principal is the same)
... and the frame you're thinking of.

If you're even PART way serious about "trialsin" then you need a real trials frame (and there ARE lots of others out there besides Raceline :roll: )

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks Grip and others, you have turned me off it now. I am going to look for something 2nd hand instead. :p

bluewonder2

Likes Dirt
size matters

depending how big you are 14.5" sounds a bit too big for a trials frame... well for me anyway- i run a 13.5"

also compare geometry with a proper trials bike to get an idea of the angles YA?!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hey dude, i had a trek bruiser last year, i really wouldn't suggest it as a trials bike - its way too heavy the geo is way off for trials.
i'd go second hand, theres a sick giant team trials frame for sale on here, its got the same rectangular tubing.
take care

DYJK

Likes Bikes and Dirt
unless you are going to get it heaps cheaper...(which you probably will)
i would be looking for something else!
i have seen 03 trek bruiser frames that have snapped! :shock: