Shock help

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,
Im tring to remove the spring off my DHX5 on a 07 glory DH0, Ive Undone the collar all the way and undone the bottom shock mount. But the axle for the bottom shock mount is stopping removal of the coil. How to i take out the axle?

I can get pics if im too confusing.

Regan

Eats Squid
Remove the alloy sleeves and rubber seals that are over the steel axle then press/tap out the axle. It will be pretty tight!

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
yeah did that but start "tapping" and got nervous..I dont really want to hit it and tapping doesn't seem to move it at all? And if its this hard to get out is it hard to get back in?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spoke to Tom last night, he was saying remove the entire shock from the bike, and then yeah just hit the bastard out. Apparently it is steel (trying to remember what he told me it was made of) and that it will be really tight to get out, but once it is out it will be a lot looser so for further removal.

May as well give it a go. They are obviously supposed to come out, so I duno, give it a go, and well if it looks like it is damaging it, then stop and we will have to think of something else.

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
Ok ill try the hole shock idea and a rubber mallet... lol Nick Can you get your spring off? me wants it.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, yeah I will see how I go tomorrow. But yeah you have to take the entire shock out of your bike though, don't just start hitting it with the shock still in