Shipping a heckler frame......

stoo

Likes Dirt
Looking at buying a Heckler frame, I could either have it shipped from OS or have my brother chuck it on the plane when he's OS again early next year.
I'm OS at the mo' ( different side O the world to heckler and home too ) so don't have a bike in front of me to look at, and I don't have a mouse to use so my illustrator file sucks a bit...
Can any Heckler owners tell me if chucking the swingarm on arse-backward would work?
Surely it'd be easier for him to take it on the plane, or would make it cheaper to freight. Surely the shock would have to come out, are the swingarm bits the same both sides???
What do you think?

Az

Likes Dirt
Looking at buying a Heckler frame, I could either have it shipped from OS or have my brother chuck it on the plane when he's OS again early next year.
I'm OS at the mo' ( different side O the world to heckler and home too ) so don't have a bike in front of me to look at, and I don't have a mouse to use so my illustrator file sucks a bit...
Can any Heckler owners tell me if chucking the swingarm on arse-backward would work?
Surely it'd be easier for him to take it on the plane, or would make it cheaper to freight. Surely the shock would have to come out, are the swingarm bits the same both sides???
What do you think?

I've had an older heckler sent that way from interstate when I bought a 2nd one a few years back.

Worked well, although the local price seems pretty cheap enough with out having to import one.....

crazyjose

Likes Dirt
My XL Heckler frame came complete as is from the states and cost 120 for shipping through Shipito, didn't need to be broken up, they did some good packing on it though and reduced the box size considerably which helped a lot.

They are now a little bit more reasonably priced in Aust now, but the money I saved got me good forks.

my02

Likes Dirt
If you remove the shock and there is no rear axle, couldn't you just rotate the rear triangle all the way round to achieve the same effect?

JBR

Likes Dirt
I didnt try it like in the picture when I shippped my heckler. Probably because I didnt think of it, but by removing the shock and pushing the swing arm up as far as it would go i reduced the package size considerably. Just ensure that you place foam/tape in the place where the metal touches, and tape the shit out of it so nothing moves.

Make sure you place something in the swing arm between the dropouts to stop the frame getting squashed out of shape if something is placed on top of it in transit.

Justin