Shimano XTR PD-M985 pedal

tommy gun

Likes Dirt
Done some homework and for whats worth has anyone got a left Shimano XTR PD-M985 pedal that they want to sell?
outside warranty, bought on ebay
I discovered that my left pedal was not rotating smoothly, pulled it apart to find end of spindle had sheared off.(result of pedal strike)
What a ridiculous design, loose bearings 22 in total and sleeve stuck inside pedal.
Any similar experiences out there and do you advise.
looking for left pedal or set of xt's
Ian

Last edited:

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
My 980 xtr pedal did the same for no reason. They were replaced under warranty. How old are they? Mine were covered by a 2 year warranty. Current stuff is 3 years I believe.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
M980-series pedals had a bit of a habit of breaking. Warranty on XTR (and Dura-Ace for the roadies) is three years (has been for quite a long time), two years on other bits.

moman

Likes Dirt
Happened to me too. I think I bought a new spindle for $40 or $50 bucks until they got a bit sloppy and I switched to xt pedals which have been bombproof

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
It's not really an equivalent, but I've got a single Xpedo mountain force pedal that you could have for cost of postage. It's the cromoly one not the fancy titanium, still very light though. Will just have to check and make sure it's a left!

RapidRob

Likes Bikes
I've got a left Xpedo mountain force, the cromoly and not the fancy titanium one. Clearly wouldn't quite match but at least a useable set of pedals. Still pretty light and smooth, yours for postage + enough for a beer. Interested?