Shimano XT Brakes w/Sram X01 Group

hi guys,

sorry if this is covered in another thread (bit of a MTB noob too) but hard to find via search..
I've been having issues with my Avid X0 trail brakes and am sick of messing around with them, I'd like something with more bite which I know Shimano XT brakes will give me, is it possible to run Shimano brakes and a SRAM Shifter?

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Don't bother with XT. Just buy some hope E4 or X2 on Tech 3. Sram adaptors are $20 each from CRC

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Delazy

Got a new bike!
ahh just found the mismatch adapters, anyone know if they can be obtained locally?
i tried for awhile to source them locally...ended up having to cash out and buy overseas...however i changed to hope E4s recently

assuming i can find the adaptor/adaptors would be happy to sell them

Camdyson

Likes Bikes
hi guys,

sorry if this is covered in another thread (bit of a MTB noob too) but hard to find via search..
I've been having issues with my Avid X0 trail brakes and am sick of messing around with them, I'd like something with more bite which I know Shimano XT brakes will give me, is it possible to run Shimano brakes and a SRAM Shifter?
If it's any help, I run a SRAM grip shift with my XTs and all fits/works fine. (SRAM X01)

Cam

AnthonyB

Squid
...did the "MisMatch" locally question ever get resolved?

Also in need of MisMatch 1.2 or maybe just basic plain bar clamp (vs. the Avid MatchMaker) to pair my shiny new SLX brakes with the old SRAM X9's

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, there should be a little plastic sleeve in your brake clamp at the moment, remove that (DON'T FUCKING LOOSE IT) and put the adaptor in its place

AnthonyB

Squid
Yep, there should be a little plastic sleeve in your brake clamp at the moment, remove that (DON'T FUCKING LOOSE IT) and put the adaptor in its place
Noted - thanks! Looks like there was a thread in the wanted section and a few folks had some old clamps kicking around in their spares. When I can get my Trader area access granted, I'll post in there too and see what I can find - if not, converters it is. Wanted to do it this weekend, but alas, it'll have to wait.