Scott parts availability?

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Since I've put a dropper post on my '14 Genius, I've been trying to get hold of a cable guide set to hold the hydraulic line where it runs up the downtube. It's internally routed to the BB, then exits. The cable guides/clamps, stupidly, are one sided and only hold the rear brake line. There is a two sided clamp, but it's a separate kit. No problem, but do you think I can find one? Or that the local seller will order one for me? Or even ring me back?
I've been in contact with LeTour cycles in Ringwood, first time to enquiry and was told "we'll call you back today". No call.
Rang them back a week or two later to make it easy, gave them the part number. "No worries. We'll check it out and get back to you with an ETA". No call.
Several weeks after that, followed it up to be told " the rep is in tomorrow, we'll call you after he's been". That was several weeks ago and guess what? No call.
I'm over their lack of effort. I have also contacted Scott directly in the USA, but they don't reply to emails. I have emailed Sola in Australia, they gave me the wrong part number at first (alloy frame kit), then said just order from your LBS. You've read how that went.
I will call Sola tomorrow and see how I get on.

In this current age of dropper posts becoming the norm, why wouldn't the bike just come with a double clip either fitted or with the bike? Or the retailers have the kits available? Or even the distributor have them in the country? I don't know what other Genius owners have done when they've fitted a dropper but it is really pissing me off. If this is Scott service, it will be my last Scott.

Anyway, rant over for now and I'll see where tomorrow gets me.

floody

Wheel size expert
Unless something has changed there has traditionally been minimal parts support beyond large frame sub-assemblies and small, derailleur hanger type consumables for Scotts. It's quite probable Avanti just don't have anything. Tried to get a Voltage FR slopestyle kit once (as an Avantiplus stockist!) and it was a multi month ball ache to get the part.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Update on this: Before calling Sola, I thought I'd try another semi local shop, Rays Bikes in Preston. They had a look through one of their little parts trays and sure enough had 3 cable guides. $10 later, I'm a happy man.
Amazing how in a few minutes I had what I needed, while the other store achieved absolutely nothing in a few months.

Winno

Likes Dirt
Good to hear that you finally got what you needed.
I didn't want to turn this into an industry bashing thread but sadly, what you've experienced is all too common here.
I honestly hope that it improves.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Unfortunately it appears to be so and I also hope it improves, but I'm not expecting change soon.
I'm currently looking for a 20" bike for my son and some of the people I've spoken to are unbelievably disinterested. Very poor product knowledge, poor inventory knowledge and poor floor stock knowledge. The stores I've been into have been pretty good, but I can't get how they can say " we don't move on price with kids bikes". Do they ant to sell them or not? Maybe too many people around here have too much money and just pay what the ticket says. Looks like I might have to as well.