Scott 24 Hr 2012

The southerly winds are quite strong this morning as well. I set up my marquee yesterday afternoon, I'm curious if its still where I left it or somewhere up on the mountain by now?

Jaybies_Can_Crash

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the info guys, I've got a rider who wants to test an injury today, so I might have some more trail info to tell everyone from during the day today! Best of luck to those who choose to brave the mud :)

SSDave

Likes Dirt
There ain't no disguising it. It's bloody wet! I put the Nobby Nic on the front today. The rear goes on tomorrow. The dirt road into the 4s and 6s camp site was a quagmire 5 mins after the gate opened. If the forecast is correct, rain should ease in the morning and clear to isolated showers by afternoon. There is a chance of a shower in the evening on Sat. Problem is the temp is so bloody low the track won't have much time to dry off! 16 deg Fri, 17 deg Sat with a severe frost predicted Sunday morning. Bring the warm clothes. Bring the mud guards. Bring a sense of humour....
With any luck the track will freeze, that will take care of the mud!

NullaTroy

Likes Bikes
Well I'm leaving the house in 15 minutes with every piece of wet weather gear I own. Can't be wetter and muddier down there than it is right now here in Sth Sydney.

Jaybies_Can_Crash

Likes Dirt
Hey, my rider says that the red lap should be fine on dry tyres... a few puddles, but not too much gloop! I hope that the blue lap is similar, but somehow I think that dead gum dam might be an abomination...

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
is it too early to call an upset Court?
long way to go me thinks mate! But solo male leader is 4 mins up on favourites.

On Course ^1 56 Paul Chambers 1 ^26:21.1
On Course ^2 49 Andrew Wearing 1 ^26:21.5 0.4 0.4
On Course ^3 2 Cory Wallace 1 ^29:47.3 3:25.8 3:26.2
On Course ^4 7 Edward McDonald 1 ^30:14.0 26.7 3:52.9
On Course ^5 4 Matt Page 1 ^30:34.6 20.6 4:13.5
On Course ^6 1 Jason English 1 ^30:36.8 2.2 4:15.7
On Course ^7= 3 Sam Chancellor 1 ^30:37.6 0.8 4:16.5
On Course ^7= 6 Andrew Hall 1 ^30:37.6 0.8 4:16.5
On Course ^9 39 Andrew Lloyd 1 ^30:38.5 0.9 4:17.4

Matt, Sam, Jason, Andrew rolling around together with Ed and Cory a few seconds up the road - interesting!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
hmmm results seem to be changing a bit - bit puzzling to work out who is in front. Might wait an hour or two so the field gets settled!

macboy

Likes Dirt
where did you get those results Cort? went to the online results page but couldn't find anything.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
It seems every now and then the connection goes down. maybe the mice stop running and therefore there is no power to the online results computers??

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Apparently Jason E. had a seat issue early on and lost some time there.
Sam appears to have overtaken Ed for the Mens solo lead

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
From my knowledge(quite limited) I don't think Sam has ever finished a 24, at least in the last 2 years. Please correct me if I am wrong. He is in great form at present and looked really fast at the last Vic 6 hour and I heard he won the Yowie.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
That's right Sam did win in 2010, he also won last weekend on the yowie. It's also true that his completion ratio in longer races over recent years has been poor.

Quiggs