Likes Dirt
anyone got/had one of these ?looking for a frame to transfer
parts from my sx trail and would like to known if my 160mm forks
would suit this frame .
Thanks Grant?

Last edited:

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
never ridden one, but might be worth speaking to a Specialized retailer or email the team at Specialized. I'm pretty sure they'll give you the answer your looking for. Might even be able to recommend what forks work best for that particular frame.

poindexter

Impartial Observer
Hey mate, I have/had a Blur LTc that I threw Float 34 160's on. Was running it with a Cane Creek 110 headset which has a 12mm bottom cup stack height. I changed between 150 and 160 a few times and settled on 150.

When at 160 the bike was pretty good on the steep stuff but when climbing and on flatter trails I really noticed the higher front end (and subsequent BB) working against me.

I wouldn't say it didn't work it just didn't work for me and what I ride. With a short stem set low and if you are mainly focused on DH it would be sweet. I know Neil Donaghue (ex UK DH rider) raced one with 160 in the first year of enduro so it can be all bad.

crazyjose

Likes Dirt
Blur Lt

I believe that the 160mm forks make the front end not as precise on the single track, 150 to 140 is the best height for high speed cornering, 160 would be better suited to the Nomad or maybe the Heckler, but the Heckler rides best with 150mm forks (I had one set up like that). The Blur Lt is spec'd with 140mm forks and I would probably run that for all-mountain or singletrack, the longer forks would be more suited to a little more downhill I think. There was a good write up on mtbr forums a while ago on this very thing and I used it for my set ups on the Heckler and Blur Lt. My 07 Blur Lt is setup with a Pike 140, and I find it pretty good on a lot of courses.

hope that helps

Ades

Last edited:

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
thanks guys the only reason im thiking of using the 160mm is that I have them, I dont actually do downhill but if I feel the need I might have a digg
I was just wondering if them frame itself would be up for some abuse, as I was going to buy a butcher frame from one of theguys on here , but fluffed aroud to much and missed out , so the search continues for a frame to put my parts onto

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've run 160's on mine in the past for about four months and found them too tall for most of my riding. Awesome for bombing downhills, or gravity enduro, but too tall and awkward in the single track. 140 is perfect.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone got/had one of these ?looking for a frame to transfer
parts from my sx trail and would like to known if my 160mm forks
would suit this frame .
Thanks Grant?
Yes they would , the bike is great with either 140/150/160 .

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
SideFX,thanks for the offer but the reason I was asking about the blur is that there is one on ebay for about 600, I also emailed
Santa Cruz to see if there were any Butcher frames left, and they have one left for 1150
So I wounder if i'm better off lowering my 160mm forks to 150 (don't know if that's possible)for the blur lt
or paying 650 extra and getting the Butcher ?
i don't think i need 160mm of travel as i don't do crazy downhill stuff but rather, i like the burly feel of the sx trail
and so far iv'e ridden it on xc and more rocky trails and find it fine (even the 16kg's)

DirtyDingo

Banned
Have a look on eBay, the price went up to 800 something...

You better of buying a new 2013 butcher for 1300$ fortheriders.com or the one you found for 1100$
They're 150mm. And you got a new fame with warranty.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate
I though it might go for 1 g or there abouts
and I know I should stop being a tight ass and go
the new frame option, but I'm working on a very tight budget.
ie:wife would fu@#ing lose the plot