Santa Cruz Bullit

Really keen on getting a Santa Cruz Bullit soon and build it up as my AM bike just wondering on peoples thoughts. If i cant get one in a complete bike i'm going to look for a frame then build it, from ground up any suggestions for parts etc.

demodv8

Likes Dirt
They dont make Bullits anymore you will have to find a dealer with old stock . Where do you live, Northernbeaches cycles have one in stock there in sydney . had mine for a few years love it

Attachments

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Will make an awesome AM bike. Best thing about them is, simple design n zero maintanence. Had mine for 3 yrs, rode it pretty hard and the only thing I did was snap a shock mount bolt right in the middle. Bit tricky to get out, but the replacement was a standard 5mm bolt, cost me $1. Oh, and once in a blue moon the rear shock bolt can work itself loose. I think it happened to me twice in 3yrs, that's it.

Also, if you're planning to run the 150mm drop outs. You need 56mm chain line. So make sure you get the right BB/cranks. Have had a couple of friends get caught out..... One was with an Intense Uzzi... No one ever listens to me,,,,, hehehe

Hope this helps.............Just my experience

danthebloke

Likes Dirt
heckler

I found the Bullit a little heavy for all mountain and set up a heckler instead ,you can climb fairly easy and descend like you stole it ,also the geo is a bit better on the heckler for me.Either way you will have fun ,my 2 c.

crazyjose

Likes Dirt
+1 for the Heckler

I love my Heckler, it really is a good bike and good travel, whilst having nice lines, and they are easily available and a little cheaper I think.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They dont make Bullits anymore you will have to find a dealer with old stock . Where do you live, Northernbeaches cycles have one in stock there in sydney . had mine for a few years love it
The bike looks sweet with the world cups on, I can tell you if your going to built up a bullet build it like this he rides this every where xc, am and downhill and it's look like he does it with ez

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert

An older one 2004. seat looks odd I know, but its functional and makes a huge difference when climbing ... but I need the lighter version.

Mines built to pedal, but descends very well ... circa 14.5kgs with DH wheels ... can get it to 14.2 with the AM wheels.

this is an older pic, now has a 27.2mm KS Supernatural post, 180mm front rotor, Dual rings 36/26T combo. Will have a csixx doubler guide, and Burgtec offset bushing to get it to ~68deg HA for descending ... 70deg for pedalling would love to get it to about 67/66 HA for descending.

Has always descended well ... the high BB loves techy trails ... but 170mm rear & the weight has always hurt its "do it all" capabilities IMO ... and my lack of fitness :fat:

If I was to replace it I think I'd go a carbon Nomad or Tranny Covert (more pedalling) ... although have been thinking of raw'ing mine with red decals :single_eye: will likely end up as a Wall decoration when I retire it.