Santa Cruz Blur LTc

a-line

Likes Dirt
I picked up this trail weapon off my mate last week. I've changed the bars, stem, seat, post, pedals & tires to what I personally like. This thing rips! I can't fault it. I've had the alloy version of the Blur LT, but this thing is on another level. The frame feels more solid & planted. I've got a Reverb dropper post that I can put on if needed, but I'm more than happy with the way it is now. The only thing I want to do - purely cosmetic - is paint/change the lowers on the forks to black, just so she matches her sister in the photo below

Frame - Santa Cruz Blur LTc, medium
Rear shock - Fox Float RP23
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Revelation XX WC
Handlebars - Chromag OSX. 760mm wide
Stem - Chromag Hi-Fi. 50mm
Headset - Chris King
Grips - ODI Ruffians
Saddle - SDG Ti-fly
Seatpost - Thomson
Front brake - Formula One
Rear brake - Formula One
Cranks - Shimano XT
Chainguide - E-13 XCX
Chainring - Hope 34t
Chain - SRAM
Pedals - Shimano XT trail
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT
Rear shifter - Shimano XT
Cassette - SRAM 11-36
Wheelset - Mavic Crossmax ST
Tyres - Maxxis Ardent Exo 2.25
Tubes - For life!
Total weight - 12.05kg

Attachments

Last edited:

Quintin

Eats Squid
very nice. that fork really brings the overall weight down.

you can easily lower the bb height and slacken the head angle with some offset shock bushes. it will take the LTc geo and bring it in line with the TRc and the Solo

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shit yer ! Looks hot . I have the blur LT` A 2012 and the thing rips . If a carbon 2013 with the 142 rear comes up ill grab it .

a-line

Likes Dirt
Cheers. I might look into the offset bushes later on down the track. I've had 5 really good rides on the Yarra Trails (candlebark/hans loop) where i've been able to test the bike out. The tracks have a good selection of tight singletrack, steep climbs & loose rocky descents. Hopefully i can head out to Lysterfield on the weekend for a bash.

Last edited:

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love both bikes! You really know how to build a stealthy rig. Pike would really top off the LTc

a-line

Likes Dirt
Bit of a late update. Swapped the forks out for a pair of Fox 32 Floats. The Formula brakes unfortunately shat themselves after a day at Buller in Jan, so I put on a set on XT's. Put on a new bottom bracket, a medium cage XT derailleur and new chain yesterday. Gave her a full strip down & rebuild. Bike rides sweet, just seems to handle any track with ease.

Attachments

Klips

Likes Dirt
Did you just whack foxes on both of your bikes??? Holy diver, that's some commitment to making sure everything matches! Both are incredibly nice looking weapons though.

a-line

Likes Dirt
Haha cheers! I'm pretty anal about setup & what I run. I've always had 2 bikes on the go - the DH & trail or dj. I like the cockpit to feel similar so I'll always run the same bars. I suppose over the years you get used to what feels good & what lasts in terms of quality gear.

As for the forks on this, I picked these up second hand about a month ago. I'd been meaning to swap the forks over not long after I got the bike. My mate who I bought the bike off was a weight weenie & as such cut the steerer on the forks to run no spacers (as seen in the original pics). After 30 mins of riding, my neck & upper back was really starting to hurt. The axle to crown height on the Fox is a little longer & I can run a spacer underneath the stem. All up I'm around 30mm higher than the Rockshox.

jackthelad23

Likes Bikes
Picked up a 2012 Blur LTC with Fox talas 36ers

Few Questions for fellow owners
Does anyone have manuals for the Forks and Shocks that are unzipped etc?
no idea, how to set up fox shocks.
Running XO cranks, what spacing do you use for spacers on the bottom bracket
just 1 chain and shifter short of fully built
was an absolute bargain too

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Few Questions for fellow owners
Does anyone have manuals for the Forks and Shocks that are unzipped etc?
no idea, how to set up fox shocks.
Running XO cranks, what spacing do you use for spacers on the bottom bracket
just 1 chain and shifter short of fully built
was an absolute bargain too
How does this relate to this thread? Or am I missing something?