Sam Hill to go #FullyEnduroBro for 2017!!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I reckon he's hit the nail on the head, after so long at the top end doing the same tracks year in year out its time for a change of scene.
I'm wondering how the current crop of enduro bikes would compare to hills iron horse days.... Bringing back a similar ride in the mind to those days/trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Sam competes in the XC races over here in WA. He is becoming VERY VERY fit. He is able to run at the pointy end of A grade! He is a really humble guy, you don't even realise he is there until a commentator mentions his name.

A change is as good as a holiday...

jarrod839

Banned
All the best to sam he has done so much for DH. And he clearly gets the results in fully sick enduro over DH and its probably easier on him and his sponsors.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I reckon the clips v flats arguments will erupt with vigor too!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Yeah he came 3rd and has a 7 second lead now on nico with only 2 stages left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Awesome work. I can't deny I was dubious for is motivation to move into EWS. Hat is fully tipped.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
He's setting a trend that will see many guys follow him from downhill to enduro. Saying that racing downhill on the same tracks every year then the prospect of riding something new every day in enduro makes so much sense.
His win would be so motivating, he may become unbeatable in the EWS. Good on ya Sam!

dunndog

Eats Squid
Awesome work. I can't deny I was dubious for is motivation to move into EWS. Hat is fully tipped.
Same. Though after watching his interview recently, I was pretty impressed with his reasoning behind the shift from dh. It's all about keeping it fresh and enjoying your riding, and now he had a win under his belt he proves yet again that he walks the talk. Champion.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Awesome, just unreal.

GBSM already put the interweb into meltdown when they proved flats were quicker than clips.
Meh, for most people it comes down to personal preference and what you feel confident with. I reckon this debate arises largely because it seems like there's some unwritten rule/misconception/snobbery that once you've been riding a while or reach a certain level of seriousness you must clip-in or else your just a noob.

Riding both I personally think clips are massively overrated. Sure there might be incremental gains for pro's who have already reached peak fitness and skill but for the rest us, pedal choice ain't holding us back. In fact, if amateur riders are claiming to be much faster on clips I'd almost say 9 times out of 10 they need to work on technique ;)