Royal Race Jerseys

frozenhole

Likes Dirt
Hey all,

So I'm grabbing a royal race jersey(online because they aren't readily stocked in any shops in Hobart) but I am really unsure of the sizing system...

Normally I wear a size Large tee and that's all good but after measuring some of my tee's and comparing myself to the royal measuring system it looks like I should be ordering a size Small race jersey(I don't wear any upper body armour)?

I'm sure some of you would own one of these so any feedback on size choice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

Mr Pockets

Likes Bikes
well with TLD im usaully a medium shirt and i got a small jersey but it is a tight fit, if there mesurments are about the same then you would probably should go a medium and be perfect. sorry cant help you more.

cheers
ben

CraigS

Likes Dirt
I'm a large in most shirts and bought an XL Royal jersey (was the only size left) and with my armour it fits fine. I also wear it with no armour and only the sleeves could be a touch shorter. So depending on whether you like your jersey tight (go medium) or relaxed/loose fitting (go large).

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Royal sizing is no different to TLD or Fox. If you wear a L in t-shirts and other kit, get a L in Royal.
I run XL in Royal, TLD and Fox. They all fit the same.

Steepy

Likes Dirt
Royal sizing is no different to TLD or Fox. If you wear a L in t-shirts and other kit, get a L in Royal.
Yeah don't get a med! I'm not particularly broad of shoulder and normally wear a med or lrg T-Shirt so I bought a med Royal jersey and find it a little short in the sleeves when I'm on the bike. I bought a lrg TLD and it's perfect!

I don't wear armour either.

Last edited:

frozenhole

Likes Dirt
The only reason I was going to go a medium was based off the measurements on the Royal site... http://www.sixsixone.com/Royal_Sizing.aspx

The arms seem to be ridiculously long on their measurement chart?

Sorry about all the questions its just that I haven't bothered with race gear before and I'm sick of trashing all my clothes.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys.

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not completely true. TLD have done some funny things with sizing recently. I am notmally about a size 32 in pants, so bought 2008 TLD GP Airs in that size which were too big.

I was also recently in the market for shorts, and tried on size 32 TLD shorts (09 Sprints). Way too tight! I had to go to size 36 before they fit.

Moral of the story; try shit on.

I bought a XC royal jersey in XS which I usually get and it fit perfectly.

Also got a freeride style jersey online size XS, it was massive. It fit a friend who is normally L I think. It actually had XS on the tag and everything. Probably a once off and I would still buy again.