Rotorua Appresh Thread

bazza

look at me
Sitting in Auckland airport at present after the bus ride across and not looking forward to returning home to hot/wet Townsville. Rotorua IS AMAZING. If you have ANY doubts about travelling over to ride, don't! I can see why people ride all mountain bikes/single speeders/29r's now! It's all so very clear! A few of the tracks needed a bit of love but it was still stupidly unreal. Got 2 slightly rainy days that turned to clear out of the 2 weeks we were here, and the days that it did rain once you were in the forest it was fine! Favourite tracks for the ride would have to be Split Enz/Pondys for the descent, Frontal Labotomy/Yellow Brick Road for the highway like single track climbs and Old Chevy for everything! However now its time to head home and start saving for next years trip! Hopefully the building will continue!!!! Anyone will enjoy it over there, just go over as fit as humanely possible and the 8 hour days will seem far easier, and take CRAPLOADS of food with you each day (you shouldn't be able to fit anything else in your backpockets style). I will post some pictures up when I get home. Stupidly unreal place.

El Paso

Likes Bikes
Having spent a glorious two weeks there following the '06 World Champs I have to agree. I'm gonna put my vote in for "B Rude Not 2". It's a bit of a simpler track but it was just one of those "I'm climbing and I don't even care" type of tracks where you are constantly full of adrenaline and just so excited to reach the next turn, jump, descent, whatever! Ah, good times.

Couldn't agree more! I've made the trip over the last two summers and only had about three days rain in seven or so weeks total!

Singletrack heaven!:D

Favorite loop;
A Trail-Tickler-Frontal Lobotomy-Billy T-Split Enz-Pondy DH-Pondy New-Rollercoaster-Sweet and Sour-B Rude Not 2-Exit Trail

scbullit

Likes Dirt
Couldn't agree more! I've made the trip over the last two summers and only had about three days rain in seven or so weeks total!

Favorite loop;
A Trail-Tickler-Frontal Lobotomy-Billy T-Split Enz-Pondy DH-Pondy New-Rollercoaster-Sweet and Sour-B Rude Not 2-Exit Trail

That definitely is one of the sweetest combinations of singletrack ever!

bazza

look at me

Favorite loop;
except with old chevy instead of the asian menu. way better way to finish it off. the drop on old chev is pretty fun as well.

except with old chevy instead of the asian menu. way better way to finish it off. the drop on old chev is pretty fun as well.
I liked Sweet and Sour mainly because it takes you back to B Rude Not 2 but I did tend to bypass Chop Suey/Spring Roll a lot of the time.

But it's ALL good!:D

murrum

Banned

Favorite loop;
Second that - went over with the family in early feb. Sayed in a nice shack on the road to Blue Lake - near the start of frontal labotomy. Owners ran a bike shop in town and hooked me up with a nice (but oldish) Foes. Only had 2 days on the trails, but what fun. They even hooked up a baby siter and I took the wife down the bottom to the dipper - she loved it.

Will definitely return.

A free plug for:
http://www.bookabach.co.nz/cf_RentalSearch/dsp_listing.cfm?bachId=2599

and Jeff at Kiwi Bikes

http://www.kiwibikes.co.nz/

bazza

look at me
Second that - went over with the family in early feb. Sayed in a nice shack on the road to Blue Lake - near the start of frontal labotomy. Owners ran a bike shop in town and hooked me up with a nice (but oldish) Foes. Only had 2 days on the trails, but what fun. They even hooked up a baby siter and I took the wife down the bottom to the dipper - she loved it.

Will definitely return.

A free plug for:
http://www.bookabach.co.nz/cf_RentalSearch/dsp_listing.cfm?bachId=2599

and Jeff at Kiwi Bikes

http://www.kiwibikes.co.nz/
he makes a nice road frame as well! still don't know how he got polished reynolds though....or if it even was polished (or the treatment used to get that effect)