Interesting blog post by John Birmingham about health and what's really important

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
This John Birmingham blog post feels relevant for me. No current melanomas, AFAIK, but I'm sweating on some pathology test results for my GP visit early next week. And, all going well, I will shame myself into losing some weight, getting better sleep and riding more, even Zwift, as Melbourne moves into the rainy part of the year.
Hopefully I'm just a fat bastard, with fat bastard syndrome, rather than it being something nasty.

@Moderators - should this be moved to

Sorry, didn't see this section, probably why I have fat bastard syndrome. o_O

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Ok, well, my kidneys and prostate are in good condition, but I do have elevated Blood pressure (on meds), elevated sugar levels (first hint of type 2 dia-beetus), chronic severe FatBastard syndrome, and there's something still going on in the goolies area. May be FatBastard sydnrome related, but going to monitor it closely.
And I may or may not have flesh-eating bugs camping out on one leg. had a swab done, but pathology didn't pass the results to my GP. :rolleyes:

So... not dying right now, but it has and does still feel a bit on the sketchy side. If the goolies aren't playing ball (so to speak) In the next week or so, I'll get them examined by a Testicle-ologist. or whatever.
Fuck Getting Old.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Ok, well, my kidneys and prostate are in good condition, but I do have elevated Blood pressure (on meds), elevated sugar levels (first hint of type 2 dia-beetus), chronic severe FatBastard syndrome, and there's something still going on in the goolies area. May be FatBastard sydnrome related, but going to monitor it closely.
And I may or may not have flesh-eating bugs camping out on one leg. had a swab done, but pathology didn't pass the results to my GP. :rolleyes:

So... not dying right now, but it has and does still feel a bit on the sketchy side. If the goolies aren't playing ball (so to speak) In the next week or so, I'll get them examined by a Testicle-ologist. or whatever.
Fuck Getting Old.
We are all slowly dying, it's just the rate that differs.

I've had three basal cell carcinomas removed and I have several more that we're keeping an eye on. The doctor says I will just keep getting them unfortunately but I'm lucky that I haven't had any Squamous carcinomas or Melinomas so far.
Getting old does suck and wear a hat and sunscreen, peeps.