Roof bikes

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Space is really becoming limited and I am toying with the idea of 'hanging' a few bikes from the shed roof.

What I mean though is having them flat against the roof, not hanging down.

I'm seem a few sheds like this in photos, but wondering if anyone does it and has a few tips?

The bikes dont have to be easy accessible ( they are hardly ridden) but I dont want to make it overly hard to get them down when I need to.

Any thoughts/ideas/experience?

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably just a hanging hook for both front and back wheels.

Need to meaure the distance between the wheels on your bikes though as it will differ.

lachmaster

Likes Bikes
I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. I found that the simplest and easyiest solution was to consult my local bike shop. It might cost you a little bit more but it is worth it because it makes getting your bikes down alot easyier and quicker.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Do you have rafters in the shed? if so it'll be a lot easier. Having said that, even without it should be a piece of piss. All you need are some eye bolts and some decent rope.

If you post up a pic of the roof it'll be easier to work out the best place to rig everything up.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Understandably its probably something thats going to be tailored to each set up.

Mines going to be pretty crappy, its a pitched corro shed roof, no rafters (although thinking of putting some bracing in for versatility) and the supports are a bit weedy.

In a perfect world I'll like to be able to store them suspended on the roof, but also in a presentation style (they are both 'Museum bikes').

I'm attacking paper with a pencil now to sketch out some ideas and may post them up.

I'll post up end result too once I get there.