VIC Rockshox Travel spacers

rnovella

Likes Bikes
Item: Rockshox travel spacers 35/pike/lyrik etc
Item Condition: n/a
Price and price conditions: beer or $20 including shipping? whatever you think is fair
Extra Info:
Wondering if anyone has some rockshox travel spacers lying about ? I am converting a Rockshox 35 Silver from 160 to 140 and need 20mm of internal spacers. Will trade for beer or pay a fair price. They look like either of the photos. Everyone is out of stock for the kits but I'm hoping someone has a couple lying about.

Thanks.

Attachments

moorey

call me Mia
Forgive my ignorance…I thought air shaft was the only way to swap travel on these? Used to use the spacers on older RS forks.

ausdb

Being who he is
Price and price conditions: beer or $20 including shipping? whatever you think is fair
Extra Info:
Wondering if anyone has some rockshox travel spacers lying about ? I am converting a Rockshox 35 Silver from 160 to 140 and need 20mm of internal spacers. Will trade for beer or pay a fair price. They look like either of the photos. Everyone is out of stock for the kits but I'm hoping someone has a couple lying about.

Thanks.
I just got a rebuild kit for my sons old reba's (2008) there's a couple of spacers like the ones in your left picture. Can you tell me the size of the air shaft on your pikes and I'll see if these are the same?
Edit
Moorey is probably right considering the age of my forks and your pikes would be 32s as well

rnovella

Likes Bikes
Forgive my ignorance…I thought air shaft was the only way to swap travel on these? Used to use the spacers on older RS forks.
maybe, but i was told by cyclinic that spacers will work, but they are out of stock :(

rnovella

Likes Bikes
I just got a rebuild kit for my sons old reba's (2008) there's a couple of spacers like the ones in your left picture. Can you tell me the size of the air shaft on your pikes and I'll see if these are the same?
Edit
Moorey is probably right considering the age of my forks and your pikes would be 32s as well
The spacers will be 10mm ID, 25mm OD and 20mm long (or 2x 10mm ones) fingers crossed yours are about that.

PJO

in me vL comy
Extra Info:

Thanks.
Got to your local specialty nuts and bolts supplier and buy some nylon washers in the right ID and thickness.
I did this for some older RS forks, (10mm ID) works fine, costs cents.

rnovella

Likes Bikes
Got to your local specialty nuts and bolts supplier and buy some nylon washers in the right ID and thickness.
I did this for some older RS forks, (10mm ID) works fine, costs cents.
how fussy do I need to be with the OD of the washers ?

PJO

in me vL comy
how fussy do I need to be with the OD of the washers ?
Mine were somewhere about 20mm. Pretty sure there won't be many sizes to choose from. As long as it fits in your fork easily.
It will take up a bit more volume than the OG spacer, if you are really worried about it maybe cut your own V or shave off "two sides" to reduce the volume they occupy. They are cheap as so grab a dozen to play with...

ausdb

Being who he is
The spacers will be 10mm ID, 25mm OD and 20mm long (or 2x 10mm ones) fingers crossed yours are about that.
@rnovella these are the same, length photo is taken with the other end lines up with the 200mm line of the tape measure.
I have two of them, they are yours if you want them just pay postage. They are too thick for a large letter so smallest parcel post option.

rnovella

Likes Bikes
@rnovella these are the same, length photo is taken with the other end lines up with the 200mm line of the tape measure.
I have two of them, they are yours if you want them just pay postage. They are too thick for a large letter so smallest parcel post option.

View attachment 382089
View attachment 382090
Thanks asudb they look perfect,...another burner has just also found some so i'll hold off until I confirm he is able to send them to me. Really appreciate your help.