RockShox Monarch Plus

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new re shock, I currently ride a 2013 S-Works Enduro running a Custom Cane Creek Double Barrel Air 216x64mm, this Cane Creek has no climb switch either.

So CRC currently stocks http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/rockshox-monarch-plus-rc3-rear-shock/rp-prod139338 ($546.99)
I've also been in contact with Pushys and they've given me 2x models, one is the autosag 00.4118.038.005 ($679.99) and the other is a non autosag 00.4118.139.003 ($719.99) I assume they're the 2016 models

Then there's this, MPN 00.4118.071.007 which looks to be a 2014 version (cause of the price difference between the 3) I'm yet to confirm with CRC whether that's the one they stock

Does anyone know the differences?
I Google them all and only difference I've noticed are the decals and one has the autosag feature (which I have no idea if I need that sht)

Or am I better off getting the current shock rebuilt?
I'm worried the rebuild cost won't be worth it so hence looking into the shock replacement.

Cheers in advance.

trickbooter

Likes Dirt
What is wrong with the current shock. Cane Creek is pretty gold standard. Are you looking for something a bit easier to live with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doihoi

Likes Dirt
What is wrong with the current shock. Cane Creek is pretty gold standard. Are you looking for something a bit easier to live with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current shock requires rebuild, also been told Monarch Plus works well with the Enduro too.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
The last one you listed is a 216x63 monarch with Enduro mount to suit a 26" from my understanding.

Autosag monarch is factory fitment on the current Enduro elite, may as well get the debonair though as you can tune it to suit with bands. The Enduro has a pretty linear rear end though, so either will do the job fine.

Glad they're finally coming back into stock, I searched just about every retailer I could find trying to locate one a month or 2 ago... No dice.

I'd even try your LBS, mine offered me a bloody good deal on one, especially with local warranty.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a Monarch Plus from Bike24 a few weeks ago for around 350 bucks from memory. Has been performing well compared to the CC CB Air and have enjoying using the mid compression setting for smoother flow trails to help keep the bike nice and poppy. Up in Falls Creek at the moment giving the bike a workout. I'll be putting the CC shock back in at some stage to compare it directly.

On a Canfield Riot if that helps.

doihoi

Likes Dirt
Bought a Monarch Plus from Bike24 a few weeks ago for around 350 bucks from memory. Has been performing well compared to the CC CB Air and have enjoying using the mid compression setting for smoother flow trails to help keep the bike nice and poppy. Up in Falls Creek at the moment giving the bike a workout. I'll be putting the CC shock back in at some stage to compare it directly.

On a Canfield Riot if that helps.
I just look on Bike24 - they only have the 2016 and won't be compatible with the Enduro

dug8713

Likes Dirt
I upgraded from a monarch plus to CCDB air & can say the performance of the CCDB is awesome. Keep the CCDB & get it serviced I reckon.

Is the air can weeping any oil? If not, you can possibly get away with an air can service. If it is, it'll need to be sent in for a full service.

doihoi

Likes Dirt
I upgraded from a monarch plus to CCDB air & can say the performance of the CCDB is awesome. Keep the CCDB & get it serviced I reckon.

Is the air can weeping any oil? If not, you can possibly get away with an air can service. If it is, it'll need to be sent in for a full service.
The air can isn't weeping any oil, however, given I'm from Canberra, it has to be sent away for any service to it.