Rob Roy DH

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well had a nice day out at Rob Roy, said hi to lots of farkin members, lots of dudes representing the hardtail class! FTF put on a good event, with a big turnout, my only problem was waiting ages for the race runs but there's nothing you could do about that. It just left you really cold on your race run and you got tired very quickly. Fergus (fastrider gus) rocked the hardtail class with his 7" of boxxer love and 3" tires, well deserved win. I got 2 decent runs out with a 1.39 and 1.38, probably about 6th. Steve (Socket) had a few mechanical troubles... Uhhh that'll do, i'm tired. I'll have a little video of myself uploaded in a minute...

nhd

Likes Dirt
Yeah it was a great turnout i thought!
organisation............well how many times do they have to call for riders to get on the transport ?? took a while to get going. I arrived at 11:30 expecting it to start very soon, nearly hour and a half later it gets going. Ahwell still a great event.

Shout outs to steve!! didnt see kalem or oz. My cam battery died sometime before the HT section (i think, hard to tell) so i left.

Socket

Dog-Crazy

Feel free to direct link any of my other photos, link em on other sites let me know and give me props :)

S.

ex offender
Ahhh that pic of me is before almost dying. Yes I stacked, yes it hurt, yes my time for that run sucked, yes it stripped a crank (how the fuck did it do that!), and yes I said yes too much. I landed exactly the same way I'm positioned in that pic, but about 4-5m further down into the gully... it hurterised.

nhd

Likes Dirt
oh yeah i forgot

the rest are up at
http://nhd3.net/gallery/dhrobroy

have fun!

edit: oh and yes at the start that was my car (silver camry with L plates) blocking you all, MUAHAHAH..........not that it actually did anything, we moved it after shuttles had gone.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hi! I"M ALIVE! only one bail in my first run and 2 sec behind gus in my second run! close won but ah wells next time :p

S.

ex offender
oz-freerider said:
haha ah well it was a good day ow huge were ppl going off that jump! i loved it!
That jump was great fun, but bloody dangerous too!

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah some one broke their arm in 2 places and got taken away in a ambo from team orange :| and a few others went off and landed in the bushes

S.

ex offender
Yeah, every 2nd guy who went over it on their 2nd run (while we were waiting up top) musta stacked, the amount of noise the crowd was making...

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahaha yeah a few of the ht class crashed out their when i did it on my 2nd run i land way off to the left in the soft dirt somtihng was going on with that jump in the end... :|

S.

ex offender
It was getting late, people were getting tired, going faster than they could handle, etc.

It's a damn hard landing when you launch off it tho... think about it, ya must be dropping well over 6 feet.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah easy i was bottoming my fork's not that its hard to do now thoi was landing right donw on the flat i was fully landing vart and letting the front cone down slow then launching out the other side up into the rut

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that jump looks weird socket, is that the landing right below you? It looks like it is right after the take-off

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
josh said:
that jump looks weird socket, is that the landing right below you? It looks like it is right after the take-off
there's a gully that goes for while, you clear that wood thing by a mile...

nhd

Likes Dirt
Like this guy :: he cleared it by heaps, yeah most generally did except those who braked off heaps of speed and a) went around or b) rolled over it, NO PHOTOS OF THEM!