Road Rage

Knut

Troll hunter
I am putting it out there.

The best and worst Ragers. From The mad pommie chick to that spin bowler in Melbourne.

I'll start with todays news.

Police in the UK have released video of a gumboot-clad woman attacking a cyclist on a quiet country lane in a bid to track her down.

The video shows the redheaded woman repeatedly kicking and striking the man after his slow pedalling held her car up.

The assault took place on January 28 but the video has only just been released in the hopes of finding the woman, police say.

The woman herself brought the attack to the attention of police, claiming she was the victim but giving them false contact details.

"A woman called police to report that she had been assaulted by a cyclist who had been holding up traffic," a police spokesperson said.

"Officers have made a number of inquiries to locate this woman but it appears the contact details she gave were incorrect."

"As part of their enquiries officers seized footage that had been posted on YouTube that is believed to be connected to the same incident."

It is not known who shot the footage.

The footage was shot in Gloucestershire in England's west.

Last edited:

JP

Likes Dirt
Apparently the cyclist (and by cyclist it is just a guy in tweed using his bike as transportation, not a lycra clad MAMIL) was a hunter who was deliberately riding very slowly in the middle of the road/lane to slow down observers who were on their way to ensure that no illegal hunting was taking place. This is what I have been told, so I'm not sure if it's fact or fiction.

rone

Eats Squid
[video=youtube;OAximGh0iLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAximGh0iLw&feature=related[/video]

Regardless of the reason, she came at me like that and she'd be on her arse.

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
Perhaps she had an interest in the hunting getting stopped... Meat is murder and all that jazz. Doesn't appear to be causing the old bloke too much bother. That outfit is hot though, how come lady's in catsuits are nowhere to be seen when I ride along country lanes?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
That outfit is hot though, how come lady's in catsuits are nowhere to be seen when I ride along country lanes?
That is exactly what I was thinking! She's tidy! ;)
I wonder why so many of these incidents are caught on film? I am always on the fence as to whether they are staged or not. I still don't believe the guy in New Zealand getting beaten up on a trail was legit because you don't actually see any assault but hey, I could be wrong.

I remember the episode in Californication when Hank pegged a milkshake at an irate roadie. He sped off and left the guy in the shrubs and paid a visit to some hot English bird. The roadie then arrived on the doorstep and it was his house and his wife! What do you do when a roadie gives you grief? You fix his wife up! Good times. ;)

Knut

Troll hunter
Suss

Yeah I must admit I was dubious to why it was filmed. She is not that pissed off and she is fairly well dressed. If I am going on you tube, I want to look good. The camera angle is from inside the car. Same as the NZ one. Not convinced. 1/5.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I luv to be attacked by a hot woman in tights....old guy should've grabbed her in bear hug and gone for a roll in the grass

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
WheeeeHah!...that looks like Emma Peel going off in an episode of The Avengers...Phwoooar...(steam exiting collar)..

emma-peel-03.jpg

delbified

Likes Bikes
this sort of happened to me on a shared path, when some chick went ballistic at me for no apparent reason (said i was going to fast, but i was going uphill!) she pushed me so i pushed her back gently and she accused me of beating up on women. some people are nuts.

A few years ago I was on my daily commute and took a short cut through residential streets in Vic Park (Perth).

At the next intersection I had a stop sign. As I pulled up to stop the lone car about to cross the intersection in front of me suddenly jammed on it's brakes and skidded sideways.

A strung out middle aged chick jumped out and started going off about how I'd almost hit her, that I made her jam on the brakes and her dog had been flung against the dashboard.

When I pointed out that I had come to a stop behind the line, and that she was a stupid c**t who shouldn't be allowed to drive let alone look after a dog, she got back in her car turned to towards me and started revving like she intended to run me over.

I hopped onto the verge and started pedalling the hell out of hillbilly country.

No plate details and a hazy description of of the woman as Lindsay Lohan, 50, fat, and driving a commodore didn't get me far at the police station.

Inspired by this thread years later I searched youtube for Lindsay Lohan, 50, fat, and driving a commodore and got this?!?!

Oral arguements for same sex marriage

imax

Likes Bikes
I have women chasing me down regularly on my bike. I think its a women thing, they just can`t help themselfs.

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
...does anyone know if they caught the C*NT who smacked a lady off her bike from a moving car on the Great Ocean Rd...?

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
me and a mate were riding home one arvo and shrtly after and intersection this couple in a white van started abusing us, anyway we both gave each other a ear full and they ran my mate in the kerb causing him to crash into a bus stop, after i managed to get him home (less a few teeth) we saw a van across the road that looked rather familiar, truns out it was his neighbour, after he told his dad what had happened and what they looked like he went over checked them out with out mentioning a thing about his son, went home called the police round the next day, had a chat, over the road they walked, and now the couple are on bail awaiting a hearing, suck on that mother f*#kers!

i dont think people understand how serious and stupid road rage is, after all is where you're going really that important that a slight turn of the wheel to drive around a cyclist is too much to ask? i dont think so

Last edited:

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Road Rage is a Gold Coast tradition it seems. As I have said many times before, the attitude is that the next 5 seconds in the driver's life is more important than the riders life. Have been hit deliberately a few times, had objects hurled at me, abused and cut off at intersections and roundabouts and had drivers out of the car to fight me because they did the wrong thing: eg after nearly being under the wheels of a van who caught me at 80kph and then shut the gate on me by turning left at a roundabout, the explanation for him wanting to beat me up was that he gave me plenty of time to indicate I was going straight ahead! He didn't seem to get that you only indicate to leave the roundabout in Qld, or that had I removed my hand to point, I would have been under the truck because my hand was off the brake lever. I guess when you are a 120kg, steroid-infused tradie in a hurry to get to the TAB, you don't need an excuse for your violence.

It's not the rage that annoys me most though. It's the sheer stupidity of drivers. Yesterday after a ride in the bush we were packing up near the velodrome and all the roadies were leaving the track after their Wed evening race. One rider was rolling slowly along in the narrow section between parked cars when a 4WD came up behind, at the same time as a car came the other way. Logic says you slow down to the pace of the bike, wait 5 seconds and then pass. Nuh - driver pulls out in front of the oncoming car who has to near stop to avoid a head-on and rider does a left turn to stop between parked cars. OK, it was all slow sleed stuff, but WTF sort of rules and commonsense are drivers being taught?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I'm finding the Xmas period bad in general on the roads in inner Melbourne.

Too many people trying to get to the shops or else where in a hurry - of particular note bimbo's in BMW's or tradie types.

Stopped riding to work this week and working from home, less chance of getting killed or maimed if I don't have to leave the house.

jonny the boy

Likes Dirt
...does anyone know if they caught the C*NT who smacked a lady off her bike from a moving car on the Great Ocean Rd...?
I saw a little write up a couple weeks ago saying they were still looking for him. It was on a little backroad that goes from torquay through the new stiff upper lip melbourne ex pats estates to the southern geelong burbs, frequnted by cyclists but not exactly the safest road at the best of times. Only getting worse with more people building houses on that side of torquay. Its things like this that make an otherwise awesome ride to the coast a bit too scary for my liking. Not only should this tosser get the book thrown at him very hard, the person driving should be punished too ( loss of licence, etc.) Stay safe..