road gears on a jump bike?

conman

Likes Dirt
hi everyone,

i am thinking of buying this dirt jump bike that has a road gear set. I think the the derailleur is ultegra, cassete is 105 and it has a mountin bike shifter(sram X0). It has and chain guide and bashie and there is only a rear dereilleur. Will this setup work and what is your thoughts on this.

thanks, mike.

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate i think you have your facts wrong.

SRAM + Shimano = :mad:

the system should work perfectly if the casset and deralier are what you say.

best of luck with the purchase

Mat_P

Likes Bikes
on my norco 125 i run a sora short deraileur and a 105 cluster...it has held up to street, park and trials.
i still have it on there now and has been good for the past 3 or 4 years now.

oz-freerider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey mate i think you have your facts wrong.

SRAM + Shimano = :mad:
SRAM make Shimano compatible shifters called attack (same as X.7) and rocket (same as X.9)

as for the road derailer and casset it will eb fine alot guys use them for downhill so if they can withstand that i'm sure they will be fine.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
SRAM make Shimano compatible shifters called attack (same as X.7) and rocket (same as X.9)

yeha, but he said its an X0, didnt think they made a "normal" pull ratio version of the X0..

inregards to gears through, nothing wrong with it, i would never run MTB cluster any more, they just look so big.. and for the price 105 clusters can behad of the nest you cant go wrong!