Ritchey/Shimano freehub compatibility

hosssbosss

Likes Dirt
Oh Rotorburn Oracle...I've got a 2007 Santa Cruz with a stuffed Ritchey freehub. Will a Shimano freehub be compatible with the Ritchey hub?

hosssbosss

Likes Dirt
Since I bought the bike second hand (ridden once though, so practically new), I don't think they would help me.
I've had a bit of a look on the net, and it seems that Ritchey did/does indeed use American Classic freehubs, and they had a recall on them funnilly enough...
I'm thinking that a Shimano one would be much more cost effective - would I be able to fit one to the WCS hub?

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Since I bought the bike second hand (ridden once though, so practically new), I don't think they would help me.
I've had a bit of a look on the net, and it seems that Ritchey did/does indeed use American Classic freehubs, and they had a recall on them funnilly enough...
I'm thinking that a Shimano one would be much more cost effective - would I be able to fit one to the WCS hub?
Absolutely not. Just take the wheel into your bike shop and get them to order the appropriate freehub from Cassons Imports. AC stuff is really quite cheap here.

- Joel

hosssbosss

Likes Dirt
Yeah I pulled one of my Shimano freehubs apart and the pawls and teeth are way different - been a while since I've delved in there!

New American Classic freehub on the way - $99...