RIGID PRIDE !! None of this squelchy plush stuff :)

MoDan

Squid
*** One to get around and one to hop around ***

'93 or '94 ? GT Pantera built up with spare and new parts as a beast commuter.
2004 Echo Team Mod built up to be long and sexy.

Both bikes have the same wheelbase :)

naz

Criminally Inane
hmmm moDan why not get some try-all bar n stem, they look n ride hella pimp.
but sexy none the less i love echo

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Daver said:
you know your trials bike is missing the seat?
Hahahahha dave imagine how many times a day he gets that. I know quite the small ammount aboot trials, but dude that looks sweet...

dylma

Likes Dirt
mmm, quit the rigid setup. does not tickle my tastebuds though. and they both have the same colours, though the trials bike looks a bit more shinier.

LEX

Likes Dirt
hahah yeh iv got friends who see a pic of trials bikes and go where is the seat? but iv also had ppl ask me where are the breaks on a bike with disc breaks. dam un educated bastards lol

spuddy

Likes Dirt
this may seem like a noob question, but is it a pain in the ass to go somewhere on a trials bike to do stuff? with no seat and gearing like that it must be a bitch to commute....

lotec

Banned
pfft he has a commuiter bike for that :D and whats wrong with sitting on the top tube? :? sick bikes i no nothing about trials bikes but that looks hell pimp 8)

Tomas

my mum says im cool
If your waiting at the lights or somthing, you can sit on the back tire. 2.5" of pure squishy trials tire!

spuddy

Likes Dirt
Rom said:
If your waiting at the lights or somthing, you can sit on the back tire. 2.5" of pure squishy trials tire!
hahahah fair call.

when i said commute i meant to the 'trailhead'/pile of rocks/handrails/etc

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rom said:
Daver said:
Hahahahha dave imagine how many times a day he gets that. I know quite the small ammount aboot trials, but dude that looks sweet...
A great reply us trials riders use to this most frequently asked question is:
"I lent my bike to your Mum, and this is how I got it back"

And yeah, your right, it is a pain in the arse getting around. But boy does it get you kadence up!! :shock:

MoDan

Squid
Thanks for the comments!

Rom said:
Daver said:
Confucious say " Is a car with no roof racks missing roof racks? "
A seat is an accessory that a trials bike doesn't need, just like monster T's :)

The most common question you get asked riding trials is usually by little bandits that follow you around - 3 questions in one sentence they say : "Hey wheres the seat?, how do you ride with no seat?, can you show me your best trick?" haha.

Spuddy said:
this may seem like a noob question, but is it a pain in the ass to go somewhere on a trials bike to do stuff? with no seat and gearing like that it must be a bitch to commute....
Yeah it's no 10 second bike thats for sure. more than a few km's is a pain but you're usually stopping pretty regularly to rear wheel hop on some little bandit thats just asked the golden question :)

snow_rider said:
nice, i like the sudden change in size does that feel strange when you change bikes?
Shit yeah! but in a good way - 'once a trials rider always a show off' so any other bike you ride is always being trackstanded or hopped in some way. Do this for a while on a high standover fairl heavy mtb and when you get back on a Mod it feels like the lightest most agile bike in the universe. It's cool.

MoDan

Squid
Naz : Yeah try-all bar/stem are pretty nice. You been riding sams echo!
They are just lower and flatter - makes some things easier and some harder. If i had a spare $200 i would get some but can't see the point at the moment. Prolly get an ENO freewheel or Try-all tires first! :)

SPOON

Likes Dirt
MUGEN said:
lol...i prefer having a seat even if its full trail bike.
I'll definitelly agree with that one.....tired and no seat aint a gd combo