Reverb Stealth won't drop - Solved

Bupton

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Got a reverb stealth from crc today, installed it. It will not drop what so ever, have given it a bleed but it still will not drop even with full weight on it.

Solved:
Bleed if that dont work bleed again

Cheers Ben

Last edited:

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
I'm stumped. either this is something due for immediate repost into the fuckwit thread or there must be something properly cooked within the triggering mechanism inside the post.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Got a reverb stealth from crc today, installed it. It will not drop what so ever, have given it a bleed but it still will not drop even with full weight on it.

Anyone know how to fix this or had the same problem?

Cheers Ben
Bleed wasn't right. If there is any air in the system at all, no action. Make sure when you bleed, both ports are at the highest point, and no air is being introduced from the syringes.

Bupton

Likes Dirt
I'm stumped. either this is something due for immediate repost into the fuckwit thread or there must be something properly cooked within the triggering mechanism inside the post.

Yes, possible there will be something uncovered but right now it has just come strait out of the box and does not work

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
You know when you buy something with batteries and you need to pull the plastic separator out............

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Too common issues that cause it not to compress:

1. It's busted
2. Need to bleed it properly

I understand the instructions in the booklet are a bit vague and the bleeding on this particular post is a pain.

Apparently if you follow this bleed procedure to-the-letter, it should all work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRlj_JJ8t0

Good luck.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Worth it IMO, all dropper posts require some form of maintenance. Why cut a cable to length? Why put up with cables and mechanisms getting full of crud?
Why put up with wheels that need a true, mechanical drive trains that wear, paint that chips, suspension that needs seals and oil replaced, bearings that size, BBs that creak? Our bikes cop a flogging in pretty hostile environments, there is always going to be something that needs maintenance on them. Droppers are a relatively new technology and are still evolving. It's pretty obvious from the other thread that they all have their idiosyncrasies, which are not experienced by every user, of every brand. And honestly, every moving part (and some static parts) on a mountain bike is a compromise.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Why put up with wheels that need a true, mechanical drive trains that wear, paint that chips, suspension that needs seals and oil replaced, bearings that size, BBs that creak? Our bikes cop a flogging in pretty hostile environments, there is always going to be something that needs maintenance on them. Droppers are a relatively new technology and are still evolving. It's pretty obvious from the other thread that they all have their idiosyncrasies, which are not experienced by every user, of every brand. And honestly, every moving part (and some static parts) on a mountain bike is a compromise.
My point exactly - take your choice on hydraulic or cable. The OP's question was Reverb won't work, all I did was point out that 99.9% of all Reverb issues come down to the bleed.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
My point exactly - take your choice on hydraulic or cable. The OP's question was Reverb won't work, all I did was point out that 99.9% of all Reverb issues come down to the bleed.
I was agree'en wit ya :thumb: