Requests to have account deleted and posts removed

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Soooooo That is Dozer's take and if you have actually been here for as long as you say you pretty much should know by now what that means when our overlord speaks.
I made a handful of posts in the early 2000's mostly promoting the races and website I was running, with permission of the overlords at the time. I was only recently made aware that there is "its staff member" and that be Dozer :)

Imagine you're selling some bike parts to a dude on Rotorburn, you know him on face value via this forum so you send the bits before he pays for it. That account then gets removed, he's on the site under another alias and continues to assume it's okay to stitch people up by posting as another user. You never get paid because the user details are gone and you blame the Rotorburn admin team because you have no other avenue to pursue.
Multiple accounts mean multiple problems.
And as for Hambo being banned, the fucking guy asked to be removed and bullshitted me, you and everyone else on here with several accounts. Der.
Sure, hypotheticals around what could happen are interesting, but that didn't happen and was not the intention of Hambo's dumb moves. My personal take on the OP is that nobody should ever have their account or posts deleted, if they want to remove their shit that is down to them.

You're right, the rules could be listed.
It can't be too hard to unlock the READ FIRST thread and add them there.

As a related aside on @Dozer mentioning transactions between members, there was also some discussion about the amount of personal information contained within PM's. I'm going to visit my PM's and delete all personal information, this would be a good idea for everyone to do. Interestingly after this was rasied this on Friday, we had the worst ever inernet vulnerability come out over the weekend. Luckily RB is not affected.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
That can't be done, which may have been the main point of the conversation on Friday night that I totally forgot.
to be fair, Most stuff can already be bought from legal and illegal channels. Unless you were storing credit card info or ID documents in those private messages, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much.

Minlak

custom titis
to be fair, Most stuff can already be bought from legal and illegal channels. Unless you were storing credit card info or ID documents in those private messages, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much.
What about my stash of @moorey ass pics - should I secure them somewhere else?

LPG

likes thicc birds
My personal take on the OP is that nobody should ever have their account or posts deleted, if they want to remove their shit that is down to them.
You probably missed it but this is exactly what happened, Hambo got the shits and asked for his account to be removed which was obliged. Over the next week he had made multiple accounts which were suspiciously hamboesque but he denied it until he finally admitted it. I suspect had he apologised and asked to have his account back there would have been much less of an issue.

I don't have any real opinion on him but you missed that detail which is pretty important.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
You probably missed it but this is exactly what happened, Hambo got the shits and asked for his account to be removed which was obliged. Over the next week he had made multiple accounts which were suspiciously hamboesque but he denied it until he finally admitted it. I suspect had he apologised and asked to have his account back there would have been much less of an issue.

I don't have any real opinion on him but you missed that detail which is pretty important.
I didn't miss it, my point was it should never have been obliged and should never be for anyone. Let 'em do a Zaf if they feel like they were a complete kook for saying some stupid shit, and clean up their own mess.

Also, he made one other account that was sneaky, the second one was after asking to be reinstated and not receiving an answer, and created as an obvious new Hambo account which he said it was right away.

Anyway he's accepted his fate, and I'm just calling out some facts like the rules don't exist and a lifetime ban is rough when nothing malicious was done.

Minlak

custom titis
I didn't miss it, my point was it should never have been obliged and should never be for anyone. Let 'em do a Zaf if they feel like they were a complete kook for saying some stupid shit, and clean up their own mess.

Also, he made one other account that was sneaky, the second one was after asking to be reinstated and not receiving an answer, and created as an obvious new Hambo account which he said it was right away.

Anyway he's accepted his fate, and I'm just calling out some facts like the rules don't exist and a lifetime ban is rough when nothing malicious was done.
Hambo? is that you?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Have you converted them to print?

You need the box by pied piper.
I registered the bruised ass pic as a None Fungible Token. Yours for $999. Bitcoin only thanks.

Seriously. One account only is a foundation rule. I’ve been involved in other non bike forums where admin gave everyone 3 months to change their username to their real name, proving to mods with a copy of some ID as fraud/shittieness/shilling was out of control.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Interestingly after this was rasied this on Friday, we had the worst ever inernet vulnerability come out over the weekend. Luckily RB is not affected.
I'd take the Hambospam over Log4j remediation any day of the week :rolleyes:
I actually thought that his posts in the religion thread were his finest moment.

RIP Hambo
I thought, while he had some strong anti-religious views as the topic clearly touched a nerve, he got unfairly treated for voicing them. If it's true open discourse, anyone should be able to discuss the negatives of religion just as others can discuss the positives, as both exist. Of course, still needs to stay within the bounds of somewhat polite and decent discourse too.

As for the question at hand, I think unless single or chained comments violates terms or just common decency, posts should remain. I went searching the other day and the amount of disjointed threads that had been Zaffed (zapped...Zaf....geddit!) made it difficult reading.