Replacement rim

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking to replace a Sun Ringle Charger Pro 29 rim in white and finding it hard to find one. Anyone know of anywhere that might have them, or another rim that would do the job?

Needs to be 29, white, 28 hole and suitable for AM riding without weighing a tonne...

omac

Likes Dirt
You might have to powder coat a suitable rim??? Iv done it to some Mavic (729) rims with really good results.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you know this for sure?? I know they use the Stans licensed rim, just rebranded. Is the Equalizer the same profile and size as the Charger?
You sort of got that right. Sun makes the rims for Stans. Sun then licensed the tubeless tech back off Stans. It's all a bit chummy between Sun and Stans.

The original Charger wheelset used the Equalizer 27, I know that for sure. Later as things went tubeless they have changed the model names (the Equalizer seems to be getting phased out and replaced with the Inferno).

That Equalizer 25 I posted is 2mm narrower than your original rim, and may need a rim strip to run tubeless. It's the closest match I could find. Depending on the age of your wheelset, a white Inferno 27 in 28H 29" might be a more precise match, but good luck finding one...

Last edited:

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You sort of got that right. Sun makes the rims for Stans. Sun then licensed the tubeless tech back off Stans. It's all a bit chummy between Sun and Stans.

The original Charger wheelset used the Equalizer 27, I know that for sure. Later as things went tubeless they have changed the model names (the Equalizer seems to be getting phased out and replaced with the Inferno).

That Equalizer 25 I posted is 2mm narrower than your original rim, and may need a rim strip to run tubeless. It's the closest match I could find. Depending on the age of your wheelset, a white Inferno 27 in 28H 29" might be a more precise match, but good luck finding one...
Cheers mate, much appreciated