Reminder, Rotorua is on SBS @ 7

nizai

Likes Dirt
I sent a nasty email to Sportsworld after Sam's win didnt even make the scrolling news bar down the bottom on Sunday, never mind actually showing some footage. Yet Layne Beechley and the Aussie rowing team both got mentions for being "newest Aussie world champions"

Piss poor.

N

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I sent a nasty email to Sportsworld after Sam's win didnt even make the scrolling news bar down the bottom on Sunday, never mind actually showing some footage. Yet Layne Beechley and the Aussie rowing team both got mentions for being "newest Aussie world champions"

Piss poor.

N
Yeah bad form, but unfortunately the news stations (7, 9 & 10) are a business. They dont wish to inform you of the "news" but to grab the attention of as many people as possible, if they dont do this then thier paying clients (advertisements) will not wish to pay the exuberant amount of money they pay to get their add on the 7 o'clock news slot!

It sucks, but thats how it is.

However it did get a mention in the herald sun on sunday:)

jamit

Likes Dirt
It got coverage on Sports Tonight as Play of the Day and the local 9 news show some brief highlights.

I am disappointed in 7's Sunrise they bothered to mention that some Equestrian rider getting bronze in some obscure European event and to top it of Simon Reeve is a WA boy....disappointing.

However we the Farkiners are the people that count and we know and appreciate what it takes to win a WC DH championship. Top work to all the Aussie riders :D well done...

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Great to see some coverage on SBS and mentioning of mayn aussie riders. Good exposure for MTB and good to see some interviewing of some riders, Tracey and Sam.