Reign X1

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
I've had my Reign X1 for about a year now, and thought it was time to show it a bit of love. I basically ran it stock for a full year, expecting to ride all types of tracks, from DH to AM and singletrack epics. This was not quite the case. Apart from the odd spur-of-the-moment decisions to go for an XC bash or run down the Dam, I basically rode DH on it all the time. From Thredbo to the local trails.

Anyway, with 28 spoke wheels and some pretty stock standard stuff on it, it has lasted surprisingly well. I fitted a new wheelset, seat, cassette and tyres and gave the whole bike a thorough going-over. All the pivot bolts and bearings have been regreased, and I replaced one slightly rusted main pivot bearing to stop a squeaking linkage. All is now butter smooth and perfect again! The old wheels I will be fitting up with some lighter tyres and swapping over for some epic singletrack action.

Frame: 09 Regin X1, Fox DHX3
Forks: 36 Van R
Wheels: 721 on Hope
Bar: Deity Dirty Thirty
Cranks: Shimano Hone
Guide: MRP G2 (yes, that's as high as the guide will go on the ISCG mounts)
Seat: Ti Fly

16.4Kg. (Although nothing on the 2010 Reign X1...the 2009 is around 600g heavier in the frame alone, shows what a good redesign can do!)

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
ha ha I very much doubt that Mr Robison;)

My brother's Reign weighs in at just under 15, so light and nimble.
Love it Olly, nothing too fancy, just a solid spec.
I can never quite afford fancy on a student budget, but it works well for what it is. The reigns are much much lighter than the X's, and ride up hills much better too!

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet bike man. I reckon it looks perfect and it's nice to see just a stealth bike without all the colour schemes going on. Also for most downhill tracks in Australia 7" of travel is plenty (yeah I know...coming from the person with a 10" bike;))

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You took the small chain ring off - yeah?They are awesome bikes man!I,ve owned the same bike for 4 mths and i love it!Did u have derailling issues?I thought about a dual chain guide,but i havn,t had the need.Cheers rick.:D:)

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
You took the small chain ring off - yeah?They are awesome bikes man!I,ve owned the same bike for 4 mths and i love it!Did u have derailling issues?I thought about a dual chain guide,but i havn,t had the need.Cheers rick.:D:)
Yeah the small ring is off. never had much issues with it, just didn't need it.:)

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking good Olly...I see its been getting a bit of a workout at Oxy lately shredding it up with the boys

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Looking good Olly...I see its been getting a bit of a workout at Oxy lately shredding it up with the boys
Thanks Chuckie, how is the search for the Morewood going?
I still can't imagine how someone could sell or use such a bike without raising eyebrows!

Tristan23 said:
It's my favourite.
why thank you:)

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
recently raced on one of them after my bike broke on raceday. they're pretty nimble and quick, but i got some good arm pump from the shorter travel.

those bars feel really nice on them too, get the front end nice and low.

enjoy it dude!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Chuckie, how is the search for the Morewood going?
I still can't imagine how someone could sell or use such a bike without raising eyebrows!
yeah mate agreed, both bikes are pretty rare...hopefully it leads to their demise...

I have a 09 Reign X1 same as yours as well, which may get some use now the Morewood is gone. was gonna sell it but may come in handy until insurance is sorted out...

had no dramas with it hitting the stuff at Oxy?