Regular Wednesday morning rides Again

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am thinking of starting the wednesday morning rides again. Meeting at the top of bridge St to the entrance of Jubilee park near the entrance to the Quarry at 5.45am Wednesday. The ride heads down to the XC track for a lap and then back up the fireroad. The ride is done by 7.00am. Anyone keen?

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
I'll try to get out Tue morning and see how my legs feel
To many Singapore Slings is still effecting me
Will let you know tomorrow
DCP

CAB

Likes Dirt
I would but I'm really not a morning person. Plus I have to be focused on my school work......PFFFFT:rolleyes:

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
Hi Ryan

I got out this morning, riding up Bridge Street hurt so I will give Jubalee Park a miss till the weekend and hopefully next wednesday I'll be good to head down the hill.

Have a good one
Damian

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good ride this morning, i must say that i'm still not a fan of riding up that fire road beside the DH track, don't know if i'm not made for climbing, or if i've lost a heap of fitness being only my 2nd decent ride since the epic, some switchbacks back to the top would be so good one day. Ryan, I was 5 minutes ahead of my estimated time to the top;) .

Aaron hope to see you "firm" on a ride sometime soon.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks to Jason and Anthony for showing up. It was a great ride except for when I did an endo over the fallen tree. There was a tree only about 10cm in diameter and 6 metres in length across the top of the track where there is a blind corner it was sitting up about knee height. IT must have come down in the wind the other night. It looks like someone else has hit as there were two marks on the tree. If you were that someone else and you are reading this how about next time you try and move the tree off of the track. This applies to both the DH and XC track. If you find something that is potentially dangerous don't ignore it and go shit they will be funny when someone else hits it. It wasn't funny.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes the send him first strategy has served me well over the years. Various young proteges have suffered an ill fate at the diabolical hands of their mentor sending them down the unknown track. It was fates time to pay me back. Normally I send you down first to clear off the spiders webs.

In answer to my wellbeing my calf muscle is about as big as a track cyclists at the moment. Swelling makes my legs look huge.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you like it when your leg swells? You'll have to start wearing lycra to show off your package.:D

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aaron hope to see you "firm" on a ride sometime soon.
Will get out soon Jason, Just need to work out the new baby (when it gets here) & catch up on about a years worth of work @ Jillys. But hey it could be worse.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry for going jack on everyone this morning, got up 4.30 keen to test out my new shoes and pedals, looked out the window and things looked pretty miserable out my way, so I thought i'd give it a miss. I really don't enjoy that ride when things are wet.

Ryan and I were talking about doing an alternate route on days when things could be a bit wet. Probably the same ride that the I-Ride guys do. Bridle trail to grasstree-down grasstree-up middle of range-through to south st. The mud doesn't get too sticky and takes about the same amount of time to do.

Obviously if it is raining you won't see me there, but otherwise this ride will be on every Wednesday morning.

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
And than there was three

Seven riders where going for a ride.
Ryan bonked his hip out of place
So Jeremy went back to bed out of sympathy

And than there was five

Dave found a defect in his new Mavic wheel on a log roll over:confused:
So Grant held his hand as they walked back up the hill

And than there was three:(

Nathanial’s chain kept coming off:mad:
and Damian’s tyre pissed Stans everywhere:eek:
The chain got put back on many times
and the Stans resealed the tire (again):rolleyes:

And they made it back to the top to ride another day:)

With the recent rain, the tracks where quite damp, however the XC track faired well considering the rain damage else where.

All up another good ride

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seven riders where going for a ride.
Ryan bonked his hip out of place
So Jeremy went back to bed out of sympathy

And than there was five

Dave found a defect in his new Mavic wheel on a log roll over:confused:
So Grant held his hand as they walked back up the hill

And than there was three:(

Nathanial’s chain kept coming off:mad:
and Damian’s tyre pissed Stans everywhere:eek:
The chain got put back on many times
and the Stans resealed the tire (again):rolleyes:

And they made it back to the top to ride another day:)

With the recent rain, the tracks where quite damp, however the XC track faired well considering the rain damage else where.

All up another good ride

Sounds like going back to bed this morning was the better option.:D

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No go for me in the morning :mad: , work requires me to be in the town of two heads (gatton) at 7 bells.