Regular club rides.

When suits you for a regular TOOWOOMBA weekend ride?

• Total voters

MrPlow

TMBC
Ok. The race is done, and one of the previous meeting topics was to commence regular club rides.
This will be brought up at the next meeting as well, but it would be good to get things started ASAP. My Intention would be for both XC and DH to meet at the top of the park (Harvey St) This way depending on numbers we could either run the ride as one, or split into groups.
I would like to set something up so we can then place a poster in the gazeebo at the top there.

Please take the poll only if you live in or near toowoomba.

zach15

Likes Dirt
sounds like a good idea greg, would you have a day organised for XC or DH or would you want them both to bo on the same day?

MrPlow

TMBC
really i am open to suggestions for the moment. My idea was to have both start at the same point at the same time though, then we could split into groups if you wanted. Gives a bit more flexibility and also a bit more of a social atmosphere. who knows? Some days you might end up mucking about a bit then having a bbq once every few months. All I want is something structured that we can advertise at the gazeebo notice board and the bike shops. I have no doubt it will increas our numbers.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I assuming for club members only, not after a bite just information

Nope. officially you have to be in the club. prefer if you were at least mtba though. free to vote cant stop ya riding ;)

joy boy

Likes Dirt
There is a form to fill out just a few pages back, under all the sub-forums, bring it along to the club meeting 1st Tuesday of every month, with the required funds and your all set. The info for each club meeting is normally posted.

If somebody wants to set a date (preferrably with the new club calender, if that came through) I could set up the Runs day again. I got pretty close and then left it and forgot to come back.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'd like to join too but don't live in Toowoomba. Can I lodge the application form some other way?

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
So what is the status of club rides?

Hi All,

Seems a while since input on this thread.
What are the regular/irregular club rides?

Kind regards,

Matt

sherman

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Seems a while since input on this thread.
What are the regular/irregular club rides?

Kind regards,

Matt
Hey Matt,

There hasn't been very many lately, we've been a bit lazy. But hopefully after the 4x race is done we will be having a open day out there to try and entice some more people to join. So after this hopefully everyone will know more people and therfore it will be easier to organise a ride

Cheers
Jiel

boltz

Likes Dirt
Stay tuned. As Jiel said, there'll be an announcement soon, regarding a club promo day,which will include a group ride amongst other things.
One of the objects of the day will be to find out what people want from the club ... and then offer it.

Last edited:

LaverdaDave

Likes Bikes
Riding this Sunday April 3rd 2011

I'm interested in taking a ride this Sunday. Any takers? I have a planned route near Murphys Creek but will consider somewhere else if others are interested.

Phone me. 07 46305087