Recent dealings with GripSport – Expectations not met

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Unfortunately I feel it’s my civic duty to inform prospective customers of my recent experience with GripSport.

My experience with GripSport just didn’t sit right from the start and even up to the final part of the process, nothing occurred the way I thought it would.

My requirement was a steerer extension, but I fear that customers for any product/service from GripSport may experience the same turn of events.

To summarise:

 I emailed Grip to enquire on rough cost and capability. I expected a 24-48hr turnaround on my enquiry -my expectation was not met, GripSport responded to me within 4 hrs with clear detail, pricing and instructions.

 I posted my Fork off to GripSport and I expected to hear back from GripSport within 3-4 days on progress of the extension and something along the lines of “We got them, we’ve getting to them, we’ll let you know”. I also expected to have to chase them again to check progress. Unfortunately GripSport again did not meet my expectation and rang me, 24hrs later to inform me the job was done, all was good and confirm payment and return delivery details.

 And finally, I expected to receive my goods back with a reasonable job done. I must advise that this was not the case. The fork steerer extension is nothing short of….a fricken fantastic job.

So, I share my experience for the benefit of others. Please be wary of the above when dealing with this vendor.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh god, i saw this thread and thought it was going to just become a massive flame war. Props to Grip for his good work & you for sharing ;)

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Oh god, i saw this thread and thought it was going to just become a massive flame war. Props to Grip for his good work & you for sharing ;)

Yeah, I know. I'm thinking, hell, 'misplaced' has been on Farkin for a while so must know of Grip's good reputation, something bad must have really happened to want to slag Jon of for his work!:eek:

I started reading it and I'm like he's either got his title mixed up or something because all his expectations were met well and truly about what he thought would happen.:p

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After reading the thread title I was ready to get up in arms to defend Grip and his business.

What a let down!!!! No fight today:mad:

Funny very funny.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Good to hear the good results from work done.

I can't see anything in that thread that will make Grip (the man himself......) come in and bash heads together. Can't you edit it and bag him (not his company, just him) at least one time?:rolleyes:

mudmav

Likes Dirt
You had me with the title!!!!! Its funny i recently sent john feedback to add to his website as i had a very similar experience. Its good to know that their are still some decent people out their. Thanks again john!

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Misplaced... you bastard! Don't you get the fact that I'm old and my ticker only has a certain number of beats left in it! Christ... I started reading that thinking we'd stuffed up big time somewhere and my damned heart has now used up about two years of life. Thanks very much.

Actually... yes, thanks very much.:)

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Misplaced... you bastard! Don't you get the fact that I'm old and my ticker only has a certain number of beats left in it! Christ... I started reading that thinking we'd stuffed up big time somewhere and my damned heart has now used up about two years of life. Thanks very much.

Actually... yes, thanks very much.:)

Hehehe, he finally replies. I was actually a little worried that you had read the title only and were en route, (seeing as you now have my address) enraged, gathering an angry mob as you go, in preparation for a lynchin'.

glad I could get the pacemaker wound up abit.

and thank you for a top service.:)

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I am really happy there is a company out there like gripsport without them i would still be riding a cracked frame if it hadn't already snapped! They provided me with a cheap fix and couldn't have even imagined a job that well done! Good on you Gripsport!