rear upper swing arm for mongoose nx9.7

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
one and all,

don't know if anyone can help me out
i have mongoose nx9.7 with one of the top swing arm on the left hand side that is cracked (it has been fixed) but i would like to completely replace if possible

the swing arm is compat with the swingarms used on the mongoose nx-dh and nx-dhteam frames
here is a pic - i need top swingarm

any help much appreciated

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Where exactly is the crack, Sprucas? Was it repaired and THEN failed again? Or is it OK but you just feel like replacing it for security?
Cheers

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
hey grip - i've emailed you before about this - crack is located on upper left chain-stay - has been repaired and a c-section been welded over it for extra strength - but the repair has shortened the chainstay by 2-3mm - it doesn't affect the wheel cause the dropouts remain in the same spot - but it does put a kink on the linkage to the rear shock - and also increases the distance (now about 1 1/2inch) between the left hand side of the tyre and the left chainstay and decreases the distance (now about (1/8 inch) between the right hand side of the tyre and the right chainstay - this sucks cause if i want to run 2.4 or 2.7inch rear wheel i can't cause the extremity of the tyre rubs on the right hand chain stay - so i would like to replace the whole piece - another way of fixing would be to shorten the right chainstay - but this i feel is dodgy solution

here is a pic (not of my bike to sort of show problem- i will get proper pic next few days)

Grip

your swingarm

Hi Sprucas. I'm not sure how the chain stay could actually have been "shortened" on one side only by the repair. Are you sure it hasn't actually twisted slightly? i.e. the whole rear of the chain stay pulled across to the right?
Is this one of our repairs? If so then I can only think that it must have moved in the jig... and my apologies for not remembering your email... we're probably handling 5-10 frame repair enquiries per day and doing 15 a week. But if it is one of ours then it needs to be fixed up. Feel free to call me rather than just PMs and emails.

Cheers
Jon Weaving/Grip
(03) 9437 1954

Grip

And NOW I remember it. Luke! I went back and checked through a thousand odd deleted emails and found our 3 or 4 to each other. Well I'm relieved to know that it was NOT one of our repairs and that's something at least... but that doesn't help you out, Sprucus. Feel free to contact me off Farkin if you think I might be able to help in any way.
Cheers

jungle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY
A mongoose nxdh frame
in really good condition
for a reasonable price

i know because it used to be one of my
two nxdh frames but i sold one and traded
one in at SDV and got my new frame

give Alan a call at SDV bikes in brisbane
on (07) 33941400 he will be happy
to help you out i'm sure

they sell new as well as secondhand frames
and parts at really good prices

if can't help you
nobody can

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
mongoose - hmmm thanks for the suggestion - but do i really want to buy a complete frame???

I will give em a call and see if they have just the parts i need - other than that i think i am going to give the swing-arm to an engineering mate of my old's and get them to copy it

Luke

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
sorry sprucas- but if mongoose can't make a swingarm that doesnt snap- how do you expect a mate to?

Send it to grip- he knows what he is doing and it will be done right the first time!

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
cost and materials - plus mongoose have to try and make a profit somehow - nothing on earth is bulletproof - except for maybe a kevlar vest - i agree reckon grip will do a great job plus i'll get a nice powder coat for the bike too - then it will look sweet

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
hmmm - funny - i emailed this guy the other day about the frame - i saw reference on some other bike site - he said all the chainstays had been repaired - must have really stuffed the bike somehow

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
guess what??? some dude in indonesia wants to buy the frame - could be bogus but he reckons he can't get this sort of stuff over there - could send it to him after he's put nice sum of casho in my bank account - *laughing*

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
hehe :)

Seriously, just ride it hard brotha. Worry about it when it cracks again (grip). Dish your wheel over so the tyre doesnt rub and get outside and ride.

sprucas_fab3

Likes Dirt
oh wise one has many sayings of wisdom - young apprentice will be careful not to land on up-ramp - in fact he's planning on launching right over the next jump and land on the 2nd down-ramp :D

Grip

Well I guess I don't pay the mortgage THIS month then!

Seriously... glad it's sorted for you.