Rear rotor rub against frame?

uteopia

Squid
My rear rotor rub against the frame. what can I do? I put a few spacers on the wheel but if I change a tyre its messy. Im thinking of doing something permanent like flattening the tube a bit by using a vice or hammer to give it clearance, the fame is 6061 aluminum. anyone tried this or have any suggestions?

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds like there is a issue somewhere.
pics?
shouldn't need to damage the frame to clear the rotor.

uteopia

Squid
the issue is the rotors are just a bit too big and the fame bends in such a way that it brushes the rotor unless i get smaller rotors.

Tallman

Likes Dirt
What frame is it and what size rotor is rubbing? Sounds like either yourself or the bike shop has put on a rotor too big for the frame because I'd say the manufacturer checked the rotor clearance before mass producing the frame.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
203mm rotor on an XC frame mayhap? Try a smaller rotor.
Don't go putting your frame in a vice and banging it out. That will just end up in all kinds of wrong.

Have you checked that your frame is actually straight?
Or, checked that your right side dropout isn't indented and causing you rear wheel to twist toward the left? Just a thought.

indica

Serial flasher
Seriously rear smaller rotor is a fine way to go.
Both my Gt's do that as most power and stopping comes from the front brake anyway.
I think that you should grind away a section of the frame as that will make it lighter.

aidz44

Likes Dirt
yup, get a smaller rotor, you don't need a big one on the rear anyways.
or find out what type of rear hub it is, if its a cone / cup hub then you might have a slight misalignment. (i think)