Rear Hub Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

alto-mtb

Likes Bikes
Hi Im looking for a new rear hub for my DJ bike. I use it for everything and am looking for a singlespeed one. Ive got some ideas so far like the NS rotary, Halo DJD and DMR revolver. Does anyone know if these are good or have any others that are good.

Any ideas please leave a post.

Cheers Guys

Last edited:

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out the Hope Pro II Trails single speed hub on Chainreactioncycles.com, great hub!

Crowey

Likes Dirt
Have you had a look into the Dartmoor range? They will have a hub for whatever you're after.

Seeing as you're after a single speed hub, have a look at the K drive. I recently got one, runs ridiculously smooth, no problems yet, but know that their team rider has been riding it for ages, and has not had a single problem. Up there with the NS Rotary, but not near the price.

http://www.fearlesscycles.com.au/dmhubs.html

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Id highly recomend the Last Zakk.

Im currently running one after trying Hope pro 2's and Ns Rotary's its the best i have found yet. The bearings are that large they run super smooth and will last for years, super quick engagements and weigh the same as a Rotary, the gold Ti driver is bling too.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
blk mrkt dont make hubs. ns rotarys seem to be pritty good havent heard anything bad about them.
the last zakk runs a mtb spaced chain insted of the 1/8 bmx.

hartss

Likes Dirt
Im running the DMR revolver, 6pawl cassette hub...

This hub is bloody brilliant! After 6 months of hard riding (im not easy!!!...snapped 3 chains in this time) i finally started to pull apart the hub and have a look. What i saw was amazing! This hub had no wear lines visible, the pawls where all in very good condition. I just took it apart, cleaned her out, put some new grease in and wacked it back together. Awesome :D best $140 i have ever spent.

Ohh and i love the fact that it comes out with convertors for 10 to 14mm. These converters have never come loose. Just keep an eye on the ring that tightens agains the rear sprocket as i have had this loosen once. Overall a solid piece of kit.

Pity i cant say that about the rim :p (NS trailmaster)... :D

i swear by my pro 2. its never let me down. easy to service, great customer service, overall a great product. doesnt weight too much either. also check out the ns ss hubs, heard nothing but praise about ns products, but for the forseeable future im sticking with my pro 2 ss trials, best hub ive ever used

alto-mtb

Likes Bikes
Id highly recomend the Last Zakk.

Im currently running one after trying Hope pro 2's and Ns Rotary's its the best i have found yet. The bearings are that large they run super smooth and will last for years, super quick engagements and weigh the same as a Rotary, the gold Ti driver is bling too.
think that i might go with the zakk.

is it very loud?

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so that means i can only run thin chains cause the mtb ones are not as thick as bmx ones right?
ahhh pretty sure you can run thick ones, mines had a half link on it and now it just has a KMC cool.

They are pretty good hubs, only point to complain is about the weight

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
blk mrkt dont make hubs. ns rotarys seem to be pritty good havent heard anything bad about them.
yeah this isnt true, im running a Superlight on mine, have been since ive had it. Also i have a mate who's is over 2 years old now and he ha salways run Bmx chains and its fine.

Yeah the Last hubs are really great, and they arent very lodu compared to a hope pro 2 but have alot more clicks. having 6double pawls, something like a Rotary only has 3 single pawls.

Really nice hub, they arent to heavy Ricky, not when you compare them to other cassette hubs and plus even though hope pro 2 trails say they weigh 295grams thats without a sprocket which a 12t weighs 62 grams anyway making a Last only 90grams heavier anyway

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
a quote from the last website about the zakk
The hub is designed to work with 3/8" wide chains
maybe you have a diffrent driver? or using the mtb spaced kmc superligh?

Last edited:

alto-mtb

Likes Bikes
so if i did run a mtb chain would it fit on the front chain ring as it is a bmx one?

also what would happen if i ran a bmx chain on it?

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
... wtf

i have this hub and it works fine with bmx chains... you can run kmc kool chains on it, or (like me, and i would highly recomend it) the shadow interlock chain

so far its been a really good hub.

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Yeah I think there is some confusion here, I dont know where anyone got the info that you cant run a BMX chain on the Zakk hub.
The truth is you cant run narrow mountain bike chains on them! it is designed for a BMX chain.
I hope that clears things up!

Ben.

Last edited: