Ragley stubbing stem?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone know were I can buy one? Are they still made?
If anyone has a gunmetal grey in 40, 50 or 60 I'll happily buy it.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I find them aesthetically pleasing. I've kept an eye out and can't find them. The low stack is what I was after while looking. The DMR defy is also ok.

moorey

call me Mia
Fair enough. I’m not a great fan of the look, but use occasionally for the low stack and short steerer.
Was going to suggest the Defy. Spank spike used to do a really ugly 26mm stack too.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Do you have anything low stack you would consider trade. I've got a good collection of thompson x4s I'd trade.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ll have a look, but doubt it. I have numerous sets of old forks with short steerers that I need them for. @wkkie might have something. He’s run a few stubbings.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Forks you say. Anything 27.5 100MM travel tapper steerer, I would have to check min steerer length. Not after anything flash just for a bike track/commuter frame I'm putting back together.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I’ll have a look, but doubt it. I have numerous sets of old forks with short steerers that I need them for. @wkkie might have something. He’s run a few stubbings.
I have previously, but I'm not currently running one. I can't remember where they ended up... They are a nice stem though.

Funn also do a few short stack numbers. I think the Funnduro is one that you might want to keep an eye out for.

moorey

call me Mia
I have previously, but I'm not currently running one. I can't remember where they ended up... They are a nice stem though.

Funn also do a few short stack numbers. I think the Funnduro is one that you might want to keep an eye out for.
Funnduro! That’s the other I was thinking of. Now I think of it, I think I have those, not the Ragley.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Funnduro! That’s the other I was thinking of. Now I think of it, I think I have those, not the Ragley.
I have a gunmetal funnduro that I changed out yesterday. 45mm long 31.8. Happy to sell fairly cheap. Fyi I found it would start to creak after a while but it would not creak after pulling it apart and cleaning the clamp surfaces. No damage or issues.

Attachments

Scotty675

Cable thief
I have a gunmetal funnduro that I changed out yesterday. 45mm long 31.8. Happy to sell fairly cheap. Fyi I found it would start to creak after a while but it would not creak after pulling it apart and cleaning the clamp surfaces. No damage or issues.
Pm sent

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The Ragley stems were hard to find when I was stem hunting. The Deity Copperhead has a fairly low stack height too.

Not cheaper but better looking and more importantly easier to find.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Deity Copperhead are a very nice stem.

Spank Split have low stack heights and nice ride quality too. Depends if the sandblasted look is your flavour or not.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Don't forget syntace is you need low stack height. Although they mostly look to be designed with negative angles in mind that would suit the 29er hardtail XC racer types.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I nearly bought a deity copperhead last build. Really nice looking stem. Will keep an eye out for a 35mm seems in the platinum everyone only have 50s.
I have emailed ragley and will wait for a response. I can't even get an Australian supplier off there website.
I will buy LPG's funduro to get me out of trouble but the hunt will continue.

If anyone has a platinum copperhead can they post a pic up for me please.