R.I.P. 3RiderLand

riley ht

Likes Bikes
:( i was just there before, i thought it was a bad sign when i saw the bulldozer tracks in the carpark, then i rode up the track and saw it.. i just couldnt believe it, i mean i knew there had been rumors of it getting dozed, but i never thought it would happen so quick! but just seeing it flat, it looks so different, they have like changed the whole landscape of it.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Sorry i had to break the news to you Matt, but there are some good memories that can be shared from the place that was 3R. I hope everyone can still hookup for rides every now and then at a new local hangout.
-Alex

Fusion

Likes Dirt
Dangfire. That's a bit of bad luck right there, isn't it! I surely hope the council put a ton of work into re-vegetating the area now they've gone through with the bull-dozer. I daresay that you guys (Matt, LTR etc) had much less of an impact over the time you spent building there than the council will have over the next year or two.

Good luck to re-vegetating the area during a drought too, it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Nonetheless, if you guys want a hand digging at a new place, just let me know!

~ Tom

HardNRG

Likes Bikes
such a shame for all the dirtjumpers out there :( such a big loss
was spewing as i didnt get to jump it at all, even on the new bike :mad:
if anyone is going to start to build somewhere, please PM me as i would love to come and help!
r.i.p 3riderland, never will be forgotten

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When you find somewhere else to build Matt, let me know and I might help build if you want,
i think its time to start building somewhere else, would anyone like to build with me and mates anywhere with in zone 1 of conex ? pm me
at a new local hangout.
-Alex
if anyone is going to start to build somewhere, please PM me as i would love to come and help!

Now I'm not advocating building Illegal trails but let face facts; no council is going to approve anything in time for summer....

I'm thinking Ivanhoe Version 2.0?

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now I'm not advocating building Illegal trails but let face facts; no council is going to approve anything in time for summer....

I'm thinking Ivanhoe Version 2.0?
Yeah, what I was thinking Tony. The 'Hoe has heaps of potential, and there are certain spots that even little bobcats can't get through, but you run the risk of so many more riders finding out as there is heaps of them around that area...bah, i dunno.

Gonna miss 3R, alot of funky shit went down there. And it's going to be even more sad to see Zacca's gap potential dissapear down the drain...:(

shenanigans

Likes Dirt
The amount of hours put into that site surely can't just be taken away. If one of the main problems in society today is obesity then shouldn't places like that represent people keeping fit and using their time positively to benefit others. Definitely contact the council over this.

Never got to ride at 3R and never saw a picture of the whole place except the one above. The amount of work gone into that is astounding.
James
i second that. a damn shame.

proprod

Likes Dirt
Even though I don't know where it is and never rode there
It is a shame to see a work of art go like that.
Most times bigwigs just don't understand what real effect it can have on a community to demolish something that was keeping people of kinds active and from crime.
So Sad :(

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess so... but I have no idea where Shelley street is...

3R was along the Maribyrnong River in Aberfeldie.

---Matt---

Fusion

Likes Dirt
hmmmm Id be careful if I was going to try and build at Ivanhoe.
http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=70514

:rolleyes: Pretty wack stuff goes on there I think.
If anything, increased activity in the area would dissuade any paedophiles from the area completely, one would think. Hell, it might even become a case of the blokes digging down there keeping an eye out for that sort of stuff and put an end to it.

But yeah, if anyone needs a hand digging, I'll lend a hand! Hell, I've got no idea how to, but I can dig alright I reckon!

jimmy_22

Likes Dirt
i never got to say goodbye to 3r. i was gonna jump the big set (for the first time) on the sunday but broke my wrist on the thursday, and 4 weeks later they are gone. can anyone think of a good place to build a new improved 3r? somewhere in the western suburbs please.