Quicklink for Shimano chain CN-6701? (Roadie)

maxwolfie

under-the-radar comedian
Need a quicklink to fit this 10sp chain, if someone can post a model etc?

Failing that, is pin replacement on Shimano chains a pain? I've only ever done SRAM.

(It's on a roadie)

Last edited:

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shimano don't have quick links, only "quick pins" that allow you to line them up easier. Yuo can easily use a KMC (reusable) or SRAM ('single use') quick link in any case.
Shimano chains are no easier or harder than any other chain to replace - don't push the pin out all the way and you'll be fine

T-Rex

Template denier
SRAM black 10 speed links work on a Shimano chain, cheap and easy to get, but recommended single use only.

gregp

Likes Dirt
With Shimano chains I use the Wippermann Connex link. They're available at most bike stores in Australia. You want the one in a purple box which is 10speed. The advantage they have over the SRAM Power Link is they are designed to be easily opened with your hands as many times as you want.

http://www.connexchain.com/Connectors/Connex-Link/1_309.html

On SRAM chains I use SRAM Power Links and the Park Tool Master Link Pliers to open them. SRAM say they are one time use only but so far I've been reusing them without any problems.

I'm pretty sure SRAM links will fit Shimano chains as well as long as they are the same speed. Can't verify it myself with my callipers though because all my Shimano chains are 10sp and my SRAM chains are 11sp.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
...don't push the pin out all the way and you'll be fine
You might as well push the pin all the way out, because you'll sure as hell stuff the opposite link plate trying to push an old pin back in! If using pins to join a chain ALWAYS use a new one.

As for quick links, or whatever trademarked name you want to call them, any 10-sp. one will be fine in a Shimano 10-sp. chain.

Last edited: