Queenstown Bike Park open again!

backdoor

Likes Bikes
The Dirt park DH run is still open - just no freeride park up top where the superpipe etc is over winter.
Zoot is also epic fun, so is Remarks

I was hoping to make it 3 years in a row this year, but no dice.

Few words of warning to those looking at flying into QT with shitstar. Firstly they have no complaints department. Secondly you can get some gnarly winds in the valley which at times make it too dangerous to land the big bird. Can happen pretty often. So if you're flying in from OZ, closest Jetstar Int Terminal you'll get diverted to is Christchurch I think. Which is a 7/8hr bus ride to qtown if JS decide to shout you the trip. This is what I had to go through last time. Shithouse. Jetstar basically said it was for operational reasons and not because of severe weather so my travel insurance wouldn't cover the hire car n accommodation I lost out on. Took literally until a few weeks ago ( I went in April) to get any coin back - this was only after the travel insurance co got sick of my calls - not because jetstar admitted fault or provided any evidence of fault. My wife also got her handbag stolen on the bus. More shithouse

But, even after that it was still 'mean as' shredding Bobs on the gondy and enjoying the 30% of everything (thanks aussie dollar)

QBT

Queenstown Bike Taxis
Also look at Pinwood Lodge, Reavers Lodge for good budget accom. Most of the places in town will have ski storage, which shouldn't have too many skis in there over summer, so heaps of room for bikes. And everything is close to the gondola, just don't go Frankton Rd or Arrowtown!