Queenstown Accomodation advice

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Guys,

Done a little searching but havent found anything recent and relevant.

A friend and I are travelling to Queenstown for the easter hols. We're looking for some MTB friendly accom that is in the $100-$150 per night bracket. And, obviously, something thats close to the gondola if possible!! Any advice or help will be appreciated.

Also, anyone got any tips for cheap car hire places? We've checked out all the big companies such as Budget, Avis, Euro etc but thought that someone might know of a local company or something similar that might be cheaper and/or better.

Oh, If anyones going to Queenstown between 16th and 25th of April, let us know and maybe we can hook up and save some money on car hire/accom and have some fellow aussies to hang out with...

Woody

dunndog

Eats Squid
you may wanna check about the gondola being open for bikes during easter, I think it isn't? could be wrong though..

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you kidding me?

I am going over to Queenstown in may and I have found about 5 different places at the bottom of the Gondola that have accomodation for $125 a night and cheaper...

All I did was google for about half an hour and then read all the website's for about 2 hour's, found some absolute spanking deals.

http://www.holidaypark.net.nz/accommodation.html

Go from there, it's not hard! search Holiday Parks, best option.

It's closed from 22nd til 28th of APRIL, so it will be open when you're over there.

Last edited:

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
We were over there in January with two bikes.
We stayed in the Queenstown Lakeview Holiday Park 100 mts from the Gondola
http://www.holidaypark.net.nz/

It wasn't fancy but it was reasonably priced, clean and centraly located and the cleaners didn't blink at the bikes being kept in the cabin

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
you may wanna check about the gondola being open for bikes during easter, I think it isn't? could be wrong though..
Yep, we're well aware of the closure dates. Apparently theres some racing going on and we're gonna try and get ourselves involved. Cheers.

Are you kidding me?

I am going over to Queenstown in may and I have found about 5 different places at the bottom of the Gondola that have accomodation for $125 a night and cheaper...

All I did was google for about half an hour and then read all the website's for about 2 hour's, found some absolute spanking deals.
Sorry, didnt think I've have to clarify myself within the first twenty minutes....

Guys,

Done a little searching ON ROTORBURN ABOUT SPECIFIC MOUNTAIN BIKE FRIENDLY ACCOMODATION but havent found anything recent and relevant.

A friend and I are travelling to Queenstown for the easter hols. We're looking for some MTB friendly accom that is in the $100-$150 per night bracket. And, obviously, something thats close to the gondola if possible!! Any advice or help will be appreciated.
So, to anyone wondering, yes, of course we've googled etc and done wotif.com and lastminute etc etc. All of these give us a wide variety of places to choose from that are well within our budget. What I was asking about, and obviously didnt make clear enough, was whether anyone knew 'specifically' of accomodation that was friendly towards MTB's. And, being a MTB forum, I assumed this was the best place to ask....

Thanks for the holiday park reference. We already had that one the list. If anyones got other information though, feel free to share.

Cheers,

Woody

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fair enough mate, I was fairly abrupt with my response, didn't mean to be... but yeah after looking for ages and if you're willing to spend between 100 and 150, that Holiday park seems to be the best that I found, cheap and so close to the gondola, can't be beaten.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate this is what we have planed ,
Check out HolidayHouses.co.nz . They have lots of accommodation . We plane to stay in Arowwtown 15 mins away from Q town .
Car hire , were hiring a dual cab ute from Christchurch ., check out Rhodes car hire or any commercial car hire place . Were getting a dual cab 2x4 hilux for two weeks . Remember these prices are in NZ dollars so its cheap as chips if you can get 4 people . Goggle maps are wicked for working out the distances ect .