Queenstown 2013

niz16

Likes Bikes
How r the tyres, if they have not been changed in a bit might be Worthing some new ones on there

QBT

Queenstown Bike Taxis
I'd recommend getting everything done! Make sure your wheels are straight and tight, fork and shock serviced, brakes bled, gears, everything. Bring a couple of sets of spare pads (cheaper off CRC than the bike shops, and they don't add too much weight)

Chances are (unless you're unemployed and ride all day every day, lucky bastard!) you are going to do a whole lot more riding here in a week than you would in a month back home. You'll probably get a better deal for any servicing off your LBS, and it sucks having your bike in the shop in Queenstown when you should be riding!

Cheers, see you soon,

Jono

niz16

Likes Bikes
good post jono, way better than i could of put it, but i agree i tryed to make sure i was riding when i was over there and not fixing the bike, so pretty much anything you can think of hey

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Bump

Anyone else going to be there in early Feb?
I'm travelling by myself staying at Whistler Apartments, doing it all through QBT but wouldn't mind hitting up the park with a fellow burner for good company and arvo beers.

iridedh

Likes Dirt
i will be ther from 24-30 of march for the bike festival.
ride during the day, party at night
any other aussie coming?

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bump

Anyone else going to be there in early Feb?
I'm travelling by myself staying at Whistler Apartments, doing it all through QBT but wouldn't mind hitting up the park with a fellow burner for good company and arvo beers.
Feb 17-24?

boo yah 2 days till queenstown.

will be in queenstown from sat 2nd feb till around the 10th. will be hitting up the gondola and possibly some other trails around queenstown. Look out for us and say gday if you see us out on the trails. will be riding a red specialized enduro. my left leg should give me away.

Dave

Reece_STP2

Likes Bikes
Awesome place, loved the trails!

Big thanks to the trail crew that scooped me off the ground after a special moment resulting in a shattered knee cap.

Also a massive thanks to the young QLD fellas for keeping us sane while waiting for the ambo, you guys rock (especially the guy rocking the koala costume)!

Now off to surgery to get repaired and do it all against next year!

morticus

Likes Dirt
If anyone is there now, id be keeping an eye out for the Anthill crew, some pictures went up yesty of Semenuk and Rheeder at Gorge rd dirt jumps. Im pretty sure there are a few other riders over there doing film segments as well.

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone is there now, id be keeping an eye out for the Anthill crew, some pictures went up yesty of Semenuk and Rheeder at Gorge rd dirt jumps. Im pretty sure there are a few other riders over there doing film segments as well.
Saw them walking around today.
Had a bloke from Canberra cut his knee open on Hammys up on the Gondola runs yesterday apparently really screwed himself up and it was on his first day out. 2nd Hand information as I have stuffed my hand on the Wynyard DJ's on my birthday no less.
If anyone sees the guys rocking the Action Cycles Jerseys/shirts (orange) give us a yell, only here a few more days :).

Reece_STP2

Likes Bikes
Saw them walking around today.
Had a bloke from Canberra cut his knee open on Hammys up on the Gondola runs yesterday apparently really screwed himself up and it was on his first day out. 2nd Hand information as I have stuffed my hand on the Wynyard DJ's on my birthday no less.
If anyone sees the guys rocking the Action Cycles Jerseys/shirts (orange) give us a yell, only here a few more days :).
That was me! Rookie of the year!