PYR categories?

trailsnail

Likes Dirt
The "Post your ride" section already has a BOTM HT and a BOTM DS.
Would it be worth spliting the PYR section into two categories, one for HT and the other for DS?

I think it would be usefull to many members on Farkin, Most of us have a bias idea of what a MTB should be.
This would also keep peoples pride and joy up on the first page of each category for a bit longer and maybe stop some pointless posts being used as a bumping system.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
I think, when put like that, it could work.

See how much argument people put up against it though..people always seem to find a reason to argue.

-Elliot-

Likes Dirt
Its a nice idea... But I feel that its segregating peoples rides do a degree. PYR is where anyone can post up their ride, whether it cost $50 or $5000. Separating it into categories might make people feel like they need an expensive bike to post it up.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think its a great idea!

i dont think it would make people feel bad for posting up a cheaper bike, it would just mean that people dont have to browse through pages of rubish (duallys) to find good bikes (hardtails) to look at!!

(that ^ is just examplyfiying the bais thing)

do it!!!

rohan

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I'm thinking now would be a good time to mention the BOTM Hall of Fame? maybe category for just the BOTM's and then a sticky with Hall of fame or something? I'd be more than happy to help out when needed.

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nawwww destroyed my pride:( I thought I was smart for a second! But then again, I thought I read it somewhere while i was drunk!

I'm more than happy to help maintain it and I'm sure Transition Pete would be happy to as well. All we need is the go ahead from the mods.