Putting air in DNM Usd's?

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have DNM USD-180's and I was wondering how any of you that own them put pressure in them as the valve is so close to the axle (my shock pump wont fit in. Do they only work with certain pumps or is there another method of putting air in them?
Thanks
James

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
jjperko said:
I have DNM USD-180's and I was wondering how any of you that own them put pressure in them as the valve is so close to the axle (my shock pump wont fit in. Do they only work with certain pumps or is there another method of putting air in them?
Thanks
James
Yes you should definately put air into them, somewhere between 100-200 PSI. The air chamber is meant to act as your compression damping. Not using any pressure will lead to oil leaking into the air cartridge and some pretty nasty bottoming out.

The valve is just a narrow shraeder. I use a BBB shock pump for the DNM but my Wrench Force works on it as well. Just take your bike into your LBS and try a few out. It is possible that the valve is screwed, but they are easily replaceable.

I would recomend having 100 PSI in there, a fair bit of preload and just enough rebound to stop that nasty topping out sound that they make.

I can't emphasis enough how important it is that you spend some time to set them up properly. A lot of people sneer at the DNMs but in reality they are a great fork that are bloody tough.

jjperko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the help guys. I'm actually starting my week of work experience at my lbs tomorrow, so I'll hopefully be able to try out some different pumps.