Prototype CCDB shock.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Haha, i love this bit...
G.O.L.B. (Good Ol’ Liquid Butterfat).

"“We were getting tired of always hearing the comparisons to butter,” said Josh Coaplen, R&D Commander President. “It was always, smooth as
butter, or buttery smooth, or some other lingual permutation involving the words smooth and butter. So now, instead of being “like” butter, it is butter."
I definitely want me some of that! In fact, next time I do my shock and fork service, I'm gonna skip Slicko and go straight to Western Star ;) :)

0psi

Eats Squid
I think the shock itself was kind of funny but the absolute shit fight that ensued on Pinkbike or MTBR was fricken gold. I'm off to bed now but I'll try to find a link tomorrow. The number of people having proper blow-ups about them 'only being available to factory supported riders' was brilliant.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Cane Creek has a long, rich history in taking bicycle suspension technologies beyond comprehension ...say's it all!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Finally been waiting for a shock that has super high speed,high speed, high-mid speed, mid speed, mid-low, low and super low speed rebound and compression and bottom out control. Obvious this will be a breeze to set up with so much 'isolation'

Now Ill be a worldcup rider for sure.

Opsi, looking forward to reading these threads :)

I think I am going to just go with olive oil, to help reduce the lag in performance before warm up, better use pure too the smoke point is higher so must be more consistent and more stable to high temperature.

Last edited:

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
I definitely want me some of that! In fact, next time I do my shock and fork service, I'm gonna skip Slicko and go straight to Western Star ;) :)
...with water, to make sure it doesn't overly foam and emulsifies well when things heat up. I hear the butter/water ratio is tricky though

Isildur

The Real Pedant
That doesnt end it Gab, salted or unsalted?
Unsalted, of course ;) Gotta keep the heart of my suspension running for a long time!

...with water, to make sure it doesn't overly foam and emulsifies well when things heat up. I hear the butter/water ratio is tricky though
Ah, I see that there is more research to engage in! :) I guess I'll have to try some ratios on the stove and see what I can come up with! Off to the kitchen :D

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Butter is for the weak at heart...a product like this would perform far better using lard or (better still) pork fat.

Especially since we all know that lard arses go faster downhill. And pigs really do fly.

jonny the boy

Likes Dirt
"According to Cane Creek, 100% of riders cannot reap the benefits of the CHURN. Literally, there is nobody alive that is qualified to ride the CHURN. For testing, Cane Creek built a bike riding robot, BikeBot, to explore the CHURN’S limits. BikeBot was programmed to only speak French so we could not interview it, though we overheard the sound “braaaaaap”."

LOL, thats a good read. The picture of all the switches is hilarious

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get Shredden in on that! He knows a real clever trick that replaces oil with water and provides great results :wacko: