Pro's & con's on frame?

Matt_22

Cannon Fodder
Hey

Time to break my posting virginity...

I'm in the process of picking a frame for a custom build. This will be my first street trials bike, I usually ride MTB and road (maybe I shouldn't mention the road bit)... anyhow, I'm down to a 24" Fourplay or a 26" Hex frame.

I will be riding 85% street and the other 15% whatever I can find. Wondering what would be best? Pro's and Con's? I'm around 6'1 and my weigh in average is around 85kg.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, I have a feeling that im gunna have a lot of questions to ask over the next month or so...

Cheer's

Matt

stocktrials

Likes Dirt
At your height and having ridden MTB & Road, I would say go with the Hex. It'll feel a little more familiar and you won't have to have yet another size of spare tubes!

jimipolar

Likes Bikes
Buying a frame you like is the first step. I was looking at the Inspired range when deciding what to build. Then i thought why not find someone here in Australia to build something original. We've got great steel here and there's a host of talent in the bike building forums. Mad M3chanic designed and built my frame in under a month. There's lots of ways to go about building something from scratch, and we have the skills here locally!

Attachments

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Might sound like a silly question, but where will you be riding mostly? Hobart?

The reason I ask is that as an ex-skateboarder Hobart is very different to most Aussie cities architecturally and infrastructure wise and what it has to offer street style riding.
Lots of stairs, rails, big gaps, low long grinds, a few low kickers around the CBD and a tonne of grass banks/slopes/tiered grass sections and drops.
The best riding around Hobart is at all the local schools, uni and colleges. If this has any weight in your decision I just thought it was worth being mindful of.

Hobart is a great city to ride (and skate) if you are creative and observant. The local terrain may play a part in your final decision.

I would definitely go for the hex, since you've already been around mountain bikes, it will feel more natural and you will be able to do more tricks and what not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Another option would be the Czar street trials 24", available in Australia from BikeTrialsDirect.com I think they are bringing out a 26" next year too..