QLD Property available for DH track

jim17

Likes Bikes
Hey guys

I have a property available for a potential DH track about half an hour south of Beaudesert ( 1 hour and a half from Brisbane) with a fairly decent range on it.

At the moment there is no track or fire road to the top, but we are looking at getting that bulldozed to have access.

So my plan is to try to get a similar set up as Illinbah, set up a good enough track to have fun days and possibly races.

I have read other forums about liability and insurance, i was just wondering what Club/association should i get in contact with for support? It is within about 40mins of Mt Joyce, so whether it would be beneficial to have another track so close?

safetysam

Likes Bikes
awesome mate! doesnt matter how close it is to mt joyce because at the moment we are lacking downhill venues so people will still be keen to ride there. the gold coast club might be your best bet to get in contact with but some other people might have other suggestions.

a few other things you will need to consider for a race venue;
- is there enough space for car parking, roughly 150 cars
- is there enough space near the finish area for a race village
- is the property accessible for two wheel drive cars

whichever club you talk to will be able to run you through the legalities of it, and will have a better idea of what makes a good venue.

friz

Likes Dirt
Hi Jim,

Send me some contact details and I will ge in touch with you and see what can be done, just email me at president@gcmtb.com.au my my is Fraser and I am the president of the Gold Coast MTB club.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good on ya jim17. Really nice gesture. You must be down Duck Creek way? I so wish I could have a property with similar potential.

+1 for contacting Fraser at the GCMTB.

Keegs

Likes Bikes
Champion!!! South east Queensland needs more people like you. More tracks the better

jim17

Likes Bikes
Hey guys i contacted Fraser a while ago and haven't heard back. To RidenParidise, its not that far down, its close to Rathdowney. Im still Really keen to get it going just still waiting to get a fire road to the top put in. Until then there is not a lot that can be done. If anyone knows of a bulldozer I can use on the cheap that would help.

im dirty

Squid
I'm excited

This sounds awesome. I'm happy to come help build a track. please PM me with info when a date is confirmed to start.

jim17

Likes Bikes
So at the moment nothing has been started, the main issue is there is still no fireroad to the top of the hill.

This is partially due to the issue that part of the property is for sale, and at the moment the property lines are in negotiation, there should still be a big enough hill to make a track but we don't want to invest in a road that will eventually not be our property.

There is also a good chance that the person negotiating on the land for sale will be fine with track as it wont affect his intended use.

As soon as this gets figured out I will get you guys to come build, trust me I want this to happen.