Private tambo track's ride day UPDATE VIDS NOW UP

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
Y'all

As you may or may not know we have a couple of tracks on some private land up on Tambo. With line 1 pretty well established now and the second line taking shape nicely, we feel its time to let you in on them.

we are looking at a day in september, probably a sunday, to open both tracks. The ride day is going to be as much a logistical experiment for us to check viability of further events and maybe races, as it is to let people ride new stuff.
the event will be open similar to the illinbah days as in it is self shuttle and will be limited to a max of 10 vehicles. However instead of charging per rider it will be $100 per vehicle, so if you can fit and shuttle 5 its only $20 pp, if you want to come in your single cab with a mate $50.

vehicle must be able to shuttle up the old tambo track, 4x4 or high clearance 4x2 (if its dry). the event will take place rain or shine as it has been proved as a wet weather venue by us allready.

These tracks are not yet(might be by the event) mtba registered nor are we yet an mtba associated club, therefor a accident liability relase waiver will have to be signed by anyone attending.

I will let you all know exact dates soon, and from what date i will be accepting the entries, untill then pass the word and keep an eye on this space.

Last edited:

Faceit

Likes Bikes
Mate keen as too ride some new stuff, do u have any pics or vids of the track? We have a solid crew of 5 and would be a guaranteed spot.. (just not the 15th sep weekend haha)

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
hopefully if i can drag stinky pete up there this weekend i'll get some up. but as a water test, chris k and claire and tracey hannah have all ridden it iand said it was a ppretty good track. it has been improved on , using their suggestions since so now its awesome. they are both steep off camber and very rocky up top, smoothing out to fast flowing turns down lower, with the added bonus of being tight in the trees in some places, couple of jumps and drops, one very frightening shute and a nice big photo finish.(if you dare)

in short there is a good splosh of everything to test all riders.

Last edited:

Faceit

Likes Bikes
Hey bud, did you have a ride this weekend? We actually had a run of old tambo track as we are running low on places, let me know when u think u'll be letting some peeps in or if u managed to sneak a vid in. Cheers

rick79

Likes Dirt
...will the track be available to ride under permission any other time? or is it only to be ridden open days/events?

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
Y'all,

just to keep you up to speed, we did iget some video but unfortunately my test pilot appears t olook about 1 inch in front of his stem all the way. its goo t osee his forks working really well but not much use to show you all, so i'm working on that. i'm going up to do a bit of digging on a new line this week so i will take some pictures and maybey a track walk video.

to the questions the track is strictly invite or open day only. the landowner will lose it big time if people are on it without either myself or pete clearing it with him. he has caught a few and we have nearly lost the land before.

looking at the last weekend in september on the sunday at the moment.

more info to follow but also find us on face book- straigh to hell dh inc.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looking at the last weekend in september on the sunday at the moment.

more info to follow but also find us on face book- straigh to hell dh inc.
If you're talking about the 30th then there might be a fair few riders racing out at Mt Joyce as that's the last round of the SEQ series. If you're not planning on it being a big open day then then shouldn't matter but just a heads up in case you're wanting lots of riders there on the first open day.

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
update

Y'all,

Been out digging again today line 3 is looking pretty scary for me. heres the link to the facebook where i have uploaded some pictures of the track, video on its way as soon as i can work out editing and shit.

http://www.facebook.com/straighttohell.dhinc?ref=tn_tnmn#!/straighttohell.dhinc

hope it works, the ride day is now on the 14 of October, 2 weeks after the last round just to keep it all ticking over. if it all goes well we will be looking at some club level race events, this will however depend on feedback and help after the day.
cheers
G

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
https://vimeo.com/49596607
https://vimeo.com/49596608

here are the links to the 2 lines that will be run at the open day. Video quality was compromised a little with the compression but its fairly clear and gives you an idea of track length (approx 2-3 mins) depending on skill level.

hope you enjoy and keep checking us out, as we are almost an official club now. entries and info for the open day on the 14.10/12 will open soon.

cheers