postage help

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can I post a 29er wheel (through the post) hopefully with a tyre on it - or do I need to use a courier service? Cheers :help:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Should be fine, but you'll pay through the nose if you put it in a box. I believe there are size limits on the Aust Post Web site, length is about 1m I think my postie told me.

If you put the wheel in a box they will cube the parcel out for volume and actual weight won't mean shit. Lots of $$$$$ it will cost. A few blokes on here can advise on clandestine methods of packaging. My postie recommends a good layer of bubble wrap and a fragile sticker, that way he can't cube it.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should be fine, but you'll pay through the nose if you put it in a box. I believe there are size limits on the Aust Post Web site, length is about 1m I think my postie told me.

If you put the wheel in a box they will cube the parcel out for volume and actual weight won't mean shit. Lots of $$$$$ it will cost. A few blokes on here can advise on clandestine methods of packaging. My postie recommends a good layer of bubble wrap and a fragile sticker, that way he can't cube it.
Thankyou - I have posted 26" wheels in the past (using your suggested 'clandestine method'). I just hadn't posted a 29er wheel and wasn't sure if they may be a 'tad large' for our postal system. Cheers bud.. :)