Post your commuter!

workmx

Banned
Impressively bright! Where did you get the reflective plastic?
I got A4 reflective plastic sheets from eBay.

The seller has three A4 sheets for $9 plus postage.

Couple of things:
- the sheets stretch easily, so be careful when applying them.
- three A4 sheets is alot - I used on 1 and 1/4 in my design.

splunk

Likes Dirt
Yep, same place where I got mine.

I used 5 sheets of A4 to cover all the main tubes and fork of my steel bike (thinner tubes than alu)

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Barry!
cost me bugger all, just waiting on brakes and then itll be rideable. ive got super awesome ugly reflective bar tape to go on aswell.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My new wet weather commuter.

Scored a free touring frame, found some Dura Ace 7700 & assorted bits in the shed.

Total cost for quality cables, brake pads, pannier bags & lockable skewers was $161, the rest was already hanging about.

Now I have no excuse for not riding in the wet.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I commute to my local high school most days on my 208 yeti dirt jump. because its single speed, hardtail and has semi slick tyres i figure it qualifies. haha. oh and yet, I lock it up with 3 locks, looping throught almost all the important components. (bikes get nik'd prom my school extremely regularly)
I took some pics, uploaded them and foung the lense was smudged and they're no good. :( will post up asap
happy commuting! ;)

Rick_B

Likes Bikes
This is mine.....old photo, now have a Fizik Arione on it.

Bit of sentimental bike for me, this is the old Kojima MTB I rode when I was in High School. It was a in serious state of disrepair, and I even took it out for collection at a kerbside waste weekend. I had a serious attack of conscience, and I ran out to retrieve it before it was taken away. Thought it would make a sweet 700C conversion commuter, so I set to work.

It was a bit of a project over a few weeks. Stripped the frame back to bare metal, and removed a bit of surface rust. Gave her 3 coats of metallic grey and then 2 coats of matte clear. Apart from the long throw brakes, el cheapo tyres courtesy of CRC and some new cables, everything I needed was kicking around the parts bin. Scored a very nice set of Open Pro / 105 wheels cheap from a mate, and this bad boy rides a treat.

Only sucky thing is the high BB, makes for some interesting handling at low speed. The paint job is holding up well....not bad for $30. If I ever get it powdercoated, I will hack off the canti studs and excess cable guides.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New wheelset. 6700 wheelset, Hutchinson Fusion 3 tyres set up tubeless and loaner 7900 11-25 cassette.

The shop had the tyres fitted when i got there and apparently they weren't much fun to fit on. Inside is the Hutchinson sealant. Hopefully no flats for a while.

With the old 7850 C24 CL wheels in front.

Lard

Likes Dirt
Bitsa

Here's mine, put together from various bits with some muddys and lights for the winter.

1x7 with a road cluster makes for some pain up the hills around here, but no pain no gain right?

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
My commuter - don't commute enough though, unfortunately...maybe once a week if I'm lucky :(

Kona Paddywagon w/ Pro Carbon forks, Hope stem, Cane Creek S8 headset, Continental Ultra Gatorskin tyres, Pedalsoft Reign 44cm 'bars, Shimano 16t freewheel, Vistalite halogen headlight & Cateye TL-LD1100 rear light (freakin' awesome rear light - the best I've seen):

Red_J

Squid
My occasional commuter

Photo0098.jpg
Photo0103.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality pic's taken on my phone.

btw hifiandmtb where did you get those wheel guards? they look fresh. :cool: