Post your All MTN/Funduro hardtail

faulko

Likes Dirt
Just a Specialized Hard rock 29er>

Nothing special but i love it.

I use this when im with the kids or during a quick burn.

Used my StumpJumper (now sold) for more viscous trail attacks soon to be enduro.

Last edited:

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Here's mine - Cove Handjob with Fox Floats, Easton Haven wheels and 1x9 drive train with clutch mech.

Great fun bike, especially coming into winter - less maintenance!

View attachment 290298
Loving it mate, looks awesome. Built myself up a Handjob (also in white!) a few months back and it's a weapon. 'Great fun' is probably the best way to describe it!

Currently running 100mm RS Recon fork on it now, have a 120mm Sektor that I will fit soon. Will probably qualify for this thread once that's done! Can I ask what travel your Floats are set at?

Matt

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bitsa

As the dually that was built up for child #2 developed play in the pivots, this was the other frame that was in the garage at the time.
Frame - Norco Wolverine
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Revelation Straight Steerer 15mm axle
Handlebars - Pro Koryak
Stem - Sunline 60mm
Headset - Pro
Grips - ODI
Saddle - Specialized
Seatpost - ? 27.2 Dia
Front brake -XTR
Rear brake - XTR
Cranks - XT
Chain - XT , once fitted!
Pedals - VP something, or XT clips when I will ride it !
Front derailleur - Acera? when fitted
Rear derailleur - Sram X7?
Front shifter - X5
Rear shifter - X5
Cassette - Sram
Front hub - Crossmax SX
Rear hub - Crossmax SX
Front rim - Crossmax SX
Rear rim - Crossmax SX
Spokes - Crossmax SX
Nipples - Crossmax SX
Tyres - Schwalbe Racing Ralph front, Maxxis Larsen TT rear
Tubes - yep..
Total weight - Bike not finished... wont weigh it anyway!!

InstagramCapture_403a7fa8-29af-4a1c-a6a6-53f99091bb27.jpg

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
Loving it mate, looks awesome. Built myself up a Handjob (also in white!) a few months back and it's a weapon. 'Great fun' is probably the best way to describe it!

Currently running 100mm RS Recon fork on it now, have a 120mm Sektor that I will fit soon. Will probably qualify for this thread once that's done! Can I ask what travel your Floats are set at?

Matt
Hey mate,

They're definitely a great fun bike, and very versatile. Mine was set up as an xc race bike for a while, not the lightest though! I had seen your PYR thread - yours looks like a great machine too.

I have run 100mm and 120mm forks on mine, but the Floats are set at 140mm. It's just slightly longer than the A/C length recommended by Cove, but I run them with around 30% sag, so haven't had any issues yet. There's a few people on teh internets running a similar setup, and only one or two seem to have run into trouble.

The Floats have really livened up the handling, and a shorter stem has also helped. It's definitely more fun to ride in its current configuration than with shorter travel forks. I think a 130mm fork would be pretty much the sweet spot, but I guess it depends what you're after.

Cheers, Matt.

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,

They're definitely a great fun bike, and very versatile. Mine was set up as an xc race bike for a while, not the lightest though! I had seen your PYR thread - yours looks like a great machine too.

I have run 100mm and 120mm forks on mine, but the Floats are set at 140mm. It's just slightly longer than the A/C length recommended by Cove, but I run them with around 30% sag, so haven't had any issues yet. There's a few people on teh internets running a similar setup, and only one or two seem to have run into trouble.

The Floats have really livened up the handling, and a shorter stem has also helped. It's definitely more fun to ride in its current configuration than with shorter travel forks. I think a 130mm fork would be pretty much the sweet spot, but I guess it depends what you're after.

Cheers, Matt.
Thanks mate. Interesting comments re the travel, I had never thought about running extra sag to compensate for anything over 120mm. The Sektors are actually 150mm jobs that I will be spacing down, so it sounds like it might be worth experimenting a bit since the possibility is there.

I am curently running a 90mm stem but have spare 80 and 70mm ones that I will experiment with one day. I have found shorter stems/wider bars to be my preferred combo over the years so looking forward to seeing what effect it has on this frame. I already feel like it coudn't get any more fun to ride, happy to be proven wrong though!

herbman

Likes Dirt
image.jpg

Newish hard tail

On One 456 evo2 in raw
Slx cranks and brakes
140mm fox floats
Reverb dropper
Arch EX rims with hope and nukeproof hubs
XT running gear with RC NW chain ring
Sunline V1 bars and Haven 55mm stem

And it's a whole lot of fun to ride.

loc81

Likes Dirt
I fail to see what this has to do with all-mountain hardtails.
My bike is an all mountain hardtail- I've posted it on here! I was keen to see if people riding HTs with similar set-ups encountered the same problems.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all. In the market for a steel HT frame at the moment and have been looking at the Ragley blue pig but alas CRC only stocks one size (and not the right one). Can anyone recommend something similar? Online or second hand doesn't phase me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rone

Eats Squid
Hi all. In the market for a steel HT frame at the moment and have been looking at the Ragley blue pig but alas CRC only stocks one size (and not the right one). Can anyone recommend something similar? Online or second hand doesn't phase me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Closest geometry-wise is the On-One 456 Evo. Much better built than the Ragley - my last Blue Pig was a shocker. Shit paint and a twisted rear triangle.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO456E2/on-one-456-evo2-frame

Also available in 650b if you're a fashion whore or carbon if you're a weight weenie.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Hi all. In the market for a steel HT frame at the moment..
+1 for Cotic BFe. I've done a few posts on this thread previously regarding build and impressions- still loving it well over a year later. Steel, sharp price and can take up to a 160mm fork.

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
+1 for Cotic BFe. I've done a few posts on this thread previously regarding build and impressions- still loving it well over a year later. Steel, sharp price and can take up to a 160mm fork.
sent an email to the Australian distributor but no reply yet. What is the price on them?

loc81

Likes Dirt
sent an email to the Australian distributor but no reply yet. What is the price on them?
He's based in Canberra I think. From memory I paid about $550. The Soul was a few hundred more but is more "trail" where the BFe is a bees dick heavier but you can throw it at anything. Aussie rep (Tom?) was pretty casual with emails- usually just got one reply out if him a night but keep at it!

Nads001

Squid
Cotic Soul is still my go to bike for trail riding best hardtail I've ever had would be interested to take a BFe for a spin to compare the two or an On one 456 evo Ti

image.jpg